1/35 scale H-60 rotor head

Hawkwrench

Finally some more work done. I scratchbuilt the mast/uni-ball assembly that the lower pressure plate and the mast extension sit on. The pressure plate and mast extension will be built next. I'm trying to make the swashplate to where it can be cast in resin as a whole assembly.1226150526a_zpsaqhzp025_edit_14511260923

1226150527_zpsdcyr6270_edit_145112612183

That's all for now!

Tim

Thanks Oliver! I know you could do it alot better than me though!

Tim

not so sure about that..looks pretty tight. Where did you get the squares? I have been looking at the swash plate today, I am trying to attach the rods from the transmission tower to the bottom of the plate but lacking photos...do you have any?

In the first pic, everything you're looking for is shaded in green. We called that the "bridge". This is what you need.

powertrain_zps0wotriql.jpg

In this Sikorsky archives pic, if you look closely, you can see the 3 servo links sticking up in the air. (forward, aft and lateral). They connected to the swashplate From underneath.

S76-12_zpslfhbfnac.jpg

Hope this helps, my friend!

Tim

• 1 year later...

After 2 years of on again, off again modeling. I'm finally finished scratchbuilding a new H-60 swashplate. This build is part of a whole scratchbuild of the main rotor head of H-60's.

The Academy part is just nowhere near accurate.

37312373752_344235a1d5_c.jpg[/url]0926172106 by Tim Hudson, on Flickr

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

Great job on the rotor! I am currently figuring out how to correct the completely misproportioned nose section of the 35th scale H-60 family; looks like the Academy fuselage is some 5mm too narrow... anyway, I am not going to kidnap your thread - I will be following your progress very closely. Looking forward to your next update!

Well, thanks to Maru, I got the pic posted. The nuts and bolts are Masterclub .8 mm size.

2 years has been a long time, but it feels good to have it done. Now it's time to move on to the bifilar weights that are on top of the Main Rotor head.

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

So last night, I began to modify the bifilar weight piece. Though it looks somewhat like the real thing, I want to take it a little farther. I'm hoping eventually to offer this to an AM company for sale.

So I first sanded off the raised detail on the 1st one followed by drilling out the openings for the washers and bolts.

Here's 1 down and 3 to go.

23512975458_2d9878a2d8_c.jpg0926172211 by Tim Hudson, on Flickr

Tim

Next, I scratchbuilt the weight and used the bifilar weight PE piece from Eduard's UH-60 exterior detail set.

36694832993_b393ef7e0d_c.jpg0927170044 by Tim Hudson, on Flickr

The piece is just sitting there, it's not glued on based on advice from the AM company. I still need to order more Masterclub bolts and nuts for the bifilar hardware.

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench