Interesting Mitchell option......

Jack

Got my hands on the  "unknown-clear-mitchell-HK-version" and found myself with an option on doing two "see-thru" models of this HK kit, partly using the clear parts in this kit.

But first of all i must say it is a little disappointing to only find the fuselage and assorted items in clear plastic, whereas the rest is just the standard kit contents, so no clear wings etc. like e.g. in the monogram phantom mustang release, making the price tag a bit "over rated" , but like i said together with another B25 HK kit, you have the choice of having the interior displayed on two kits of your choice:

One clear left side and another one clear right side of the fuselage!! What is your opinion?

IMG_0760_zpszbsdbpwa.jpg[/u

IMG_0753_zpsmcglzj9n.jpg[/uR

(sorry for the crappy pics)

Edited by Jack

If they'd included clear wings, what would be visible inside them?  There are no interior wing parts (this not being a ZM kit), and all it would do is needlessly increase the already hefty price tag.

Sorry Heilig....did i ask for this response? NO i didn't , just anyones opinion on how to use these clear parts as inventive as possible............

There used to be a release of the 1/48 Monogram B-17G that included one clear fuselage half, so there is a precedence for doing it that way (and images online so you can see for yourself what that type of presentation looks like finished). The idea of one clear half and the other painted really appeals to me because it allows showing the interior while also establishing the outline. Having recently stuffed a Phantom Mustang with the ZM P-51D guts, it loses something with the completely clear outline. The same might be true of a completely clear fuselage.

JMHO,

D

Guest Clunkmeister

Got my hands on the  "unknown-clear-mitchell-HK-version" and found myself with an option on doing two "see-thru" models of this HK kit, partly using the clear parts in this kit.

But first of all i must say it is a little disappointing to only find the fuselage and assorted items in clear plastic, whereas the rest is just the standard kit contents, so no clear wings etc. like e.g. in the monogram phantom mustang release, making the price tag a bit "over rated" , but like i said together with another B25 HK kit, you have the choice of having the interior displayed on two kits of your choice:

One clear left side and another one clear right side of the fuselage!! What is your opinion?

IMG_0760_zpszbsdbpwa.jpg[/u

IMG_0753_zpsmcglzj9n.jpg[/uR

(sorry for the crappy pics)

Jack,

Compared to my pics, yours are the work of a true master.

Jack, you could try a hard edge scheme that shows just the aspect(s) that you want shown. Mask the interior to the point, and when buttoned up, match the lines on the exterior.

Mike, i didn't think of that yet, but it surely gives an interesting and revealing display, let me figure it out, thanks for the info.

I would fill it with water and fish, but that is just me.

naaah, i did that already when making a garden table with rather hefty table-legs, and put the fish in the legs, but i forgot to make parts of the legs clear..............doh.... :hmmm: :doh:

Edited by Jack

Well, since the B-25 had a chemical toilet, for the sake of modesty, I'd mask off that area to provide some semblance of privacy for the crew. I'm something of a prude in this regard. I usually provide a relief tube when I build a cockpit, but I tuck it under the seat. I know it's there, but it would not be seen.