Revell 1/32 F4 G Wild Weasel

JOE 3571

Normally I would just spread the wash all over the plane and go back an wipe off the excess but then it would end up being way too dirty which is what I am trying to avoid. but we will see what happens so far I am likeing the result's.

Well Zero its true the Revell kit is not the best F4 kit  out there its always been over shadowed by the Tamiya version but in saying that Revell has made more versions of the F4 in 1/32 than anybody which to me say's a lot and yes the revel kits are not as detailed and has a couple accuracy issues but the 40 dollar price tag for 1/32 F4? in my opinion that's a hell of a deal but the so called experts or rivet counters out there are never satisfied with any kit from any company they are always going to wine about something. I always look at it from my point of view if something is not right fix it. sound simple enough to me but im just a modeler what do I know LOL.

Edited by JOE 3571

Here is a review of the Wild Weasel kit that has links to Gary's GT Resin fixes.

I'm on my second Tamiya Double Ugly, and I can say this about comparing Revell and Tamiya:

• The Tamiya Phantoms have some strengths (single fuselage with no seam lines), but several serious problems, including:
  1. BD patches that will have to be sanded smooth and re-scribed
  2. Undersized and poorly-detailed engine exhausts
  3. rubber tires
  4. the need for seamless intakes
  5. the cockpit is good but not brilliant
  6. they are generally 2-3x the price of the Revell kit

In fact, the price difference is so much, you will have money left over for any fixes for the antennas, as well as proper burner cans, cockpit and even seamless intakes.

Here is a review of the Wild Weasel kit that has links to Gary's GT Resin fixes.

I'm on my second Tamiya Double Ugly, and I can say this about comparing Revell and Tamiya:

• The Tamiya Phantoms have some strengths (single fuselage with no seam lines), but several serious problems, including:
  1. BD patches that will have to be sanded smooth and re-scribed
  2. Undersized and poorly-detailed engine exhausts
  3. rubber tires
  4. the need for seamless intakes
  5. the cockpit is good but not brilliant
  6. they are generally 2-3x the price of the Revell kit

In fact, the price difference is so much, you will have money left over for any fixes for the antennas, as well as proper burner cans, cockpit and even seamless intakes.

Yea i dont know what Revell was thinking back in the 70's when they first started making their big F4's with no intake trunks which is why i just bought the AMS resin FOD covers for mine.