AMS OV-10 seat progress

Harold

I have to translate the wife's notes

:oops: I did not know she had made a second copy with clearer writing.  :wub:

Harold the part that didn't make it in the notes is 2' 4" from the seat cushion to the bottom of the head rest.  In the drawings you will see a rib at the bottom of the seat back, that is where the measurements start from. That is also where the bottom of the bottom seat cushion back meets the seat back. 

Cheers

:oops: I did not know she had made a second copy with clearer writing.  :wub:

Harold the part that didn't make it in the notes is 2' 4" from the seat cushion to the bottom of the head rest.  In the drawings you will see a rib at the bottom of the seat back, that is where the measurements start from. That is also where the bottom of the bottom seat cushion back meets the seat back. 

Cheers

Got it. I am figuring out your measurements and applying what I can to the kit seat. It won't be a scale match, but they will look more in proportion for sure.

Great stuff...................noticeable difference in height, width and a BIG difference noticed on the lower seat cushion

I did away with the cut outs on each side of the cushion. I found that one on a museum airframe.

Harold

So the drawings and photos worked out for you?   What would you have liked me to do different so next time I may be of better assistance?   Did some of the other photos of the A-6E, A-7E or Tomcat be of use?

Cheers

Harold

So the drawings and photos worked out for you?   What would you have liked me to do different so next time I may be of better assistance?   Did some of the other photos of the A-6E, A-7E or Tomcat be of use?

Cheers

I used the measurements you added to the photos. I did have to fudge a bit on the total height, otherwise the seats wouldn't allow the canopy to be closed.

I couldn't have done it without your help!!

I find that nearly all the photos you sent can be added to my refs folder.

Thanks as always.