AMS OV-10 seat progress

Harold

Are you planning on using the kit PE seat belts?

No 

I have a problem with most photo etch I have. Actually had to give away all my 1/32 AC builds away do to it. I live so close to the ocean that the salt air starts  corrosion on it,  Green chunky stuff on them.  Espicaly Verlendin / Eduard untreated with Nickel. I have clear coated but does not work. It's always starts at the edges of seat belts where the sprue attachment is :BANGHEAD2:

You can see my dilemma here with Verlinden etch This part has been cleaned of once before. It has come back here aging only. It is also in a display case :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:      The stuff is so strong it pops the CA glue.

20150501_125316_zpsdehawa3c.jpeg20150501_125433_zpsf8zyat9l.jpeg

This is an old ESCI T-55 tank  

Sorry for the Hijack Harold

Cheers

You can see my dilemma here with Verlinden etch This part has been cleaned of once before. It has come back here aging only. It is also in a display case :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:      The stuff is so strong it pops the CA glue.

This is an old ESCI T-55 tank  

Sorry for the Hijack Harold

Cheers

WOW!, I have never seen that before.

Edited by Harold

That's what I get for living 14 feet above see level :rofl:    Oh Tidal waves too :coolio:   Have great fishing stories thou :thumbsup:  reminds me of that 16 foot marlin I caught  :wicked:

My home town is in Cali, Monterey area. Fog, and more fog.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh  NICE!!!

I hope I can cast this one with the articulated belts. I know they will be destroyed when I pull it out of the mold. So, it is a one time deal.

Then I will do the other seat with belts in different positions.

If you look closely at the back pad, one is a bit saggy on the bottom and the other is in the lumbar area.

I hope it will cast well.

I hope so too. I love using well molded in belts, as well as the nice fabric style belts, but I have a severe aversion to using PE belts. They just dont really look natural to me, even with annealing.

I hope so too. I love using well molded in belts, as well as the nice fabric style belts, but I have a severe aversion to using PE belts. They just dont really look natural to me, even with annealing.

The wrap around belts will have to be added by the modeler.