Revell 1/32 Radien

Kyle

Here is my 1/32 Revell Raiden. I used the Eduard set for the Hasagawa Zero and Waldron instruments to help out in the cockpit. I also used the Cutting Edge Revi Gun sight. The actual decals from the kit where used, after letting them set in a window for a couple of weeks to remove the yellow. They did crack a little but where still manageable.I did have trouble with the lighting bolts, this is why they are not angled more in relationship to the fuselage. Overall the fit was very good except for the rear bottom of the wing to the fuselage, but nothing a little super glue and sanding cannot fix.

post-4-1111859179.jpg

Out of the closet comes a true "stash-queen!"

Thank goodness for folks who build 'em rather than hoard 'em! Not that the hoarders are bad at all, but it's nice to see the balace shift a bit now and then ;)

Kyle,

Great looking build, solid clean and understated weathering; very nicely done. Please send those pics into me or LSP_Brad for a gallery piece....LSP doesn't have a Raiden in the Gallery!!!

Thanks for the comments!!! It was a slow build, I'm not fast anyway. It was slow because of all the additional items I included.

I'm now working on the Hasagawa Ki-84 and it is going very fast, even for me. Next up is the 1/32 Revell N1K1, these kits are just to nice to sit in a box. I'm trying to stick only to 1/32 WW II Japanese, otherwise I'd be buying everything, but its not working out too good!! Oh! Well! ;)

Kyle

Brian,

I used Tamiya paints, except for the knobs and such I used PolyScale. The wheel well and gun bay was painted with a mixture of Tamiya paints from thier Zero kit instructions. Its X-13: 3 parts + X-25 : 1 part. (X-13 is Metallic Blue and X-25 is Clear Green). I used and old PolyScale jar I cleaned out to store the mixture. I painted the area with silver paint then applied my mixed paint over that. I now have the Gunze Sanyo Hobby Color H63 Metallic Blue Green that I want to try, It looks close to the mixture called out by Tamiya.

Kyle