HK B-17...C 5/4 sweating the metal

brahman104

13 hours ago, tomprobert said:

That’s so good, Craig - there’s nothing more realistic for a metal finish than, well… metal! Love it.

Thanks Tom! The more I do, the more I am looking forward to doing more. The success of the stainless has really energised me to push on...... just need to find that time to do it!

By the way, I spotted a misplaced rivet on the main wing panel which is about 0.00007634mm out :P

You found it! :) Like railway modellers put a random Gorilla in their settings, I intentionally did that just to see how long it would take someone to find it :rofl:. Hahaha, in all seriousness, don't look too hard, there's many more where that came from!!!!! :D

I think, when this is complete, you’ll take the gong for the most detailed and beautiful B-17 build ever - it’s so fun to watch this come together and I cannot help but admire your staying power. 

That is very high praise coming from such a B-17 buff as yourself! It's hard to imagine even for me what it's going to look like once it's all together, but I can't wait for that day! Thanks for sticking with me on the journey!  :) 

Cheers,

Craig

19 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

It looks fantastic. Really cool to see you pretty much build a B-17 for real

Matt 

Thanks Matt! I've definitely learned a lot about the early model B-17s from this experience :). Somedays though I feel like the real life Desert Rat rebuild will be finished before mine is! :rofl:

9 hours ago, brahman104 said:

Thanks Matt! I've definitely learned a lot about the early model B-17s from this experience :). Somedays though I feel like the real life Desert Rat rebuild will be finished before mine is! :rofl:

That's Ok Craig, more entertainment for us!