Seversky P-35: UPDATE: 1/1/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

William

Still hammering away - sanding and filling seams. Finally up to the charming flaps which fit like the rest of the kit, along with the front windscreen and the rear portion of the canopy.turtle deck - hoping all will be in and done by late tonight. I received my Master Cr Details pilot from Ultracast the other day and is under way as well I'm hoping to be in the paint shop priming by the end of the weekend as long as nothing new pops up.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Maru

Thanks so much for the encouragement and positive comments on the Seversky. I started to work on the flaps and OMG, ROAD BLOCK AGAIN. Fit is quite poor and is to take time; lots of time. The first part of the install is done and I waiting for the flaps to set and dry. Then I need to gently need to force the trailing edges of the flaps down into position and then its; CCA time again - a good two or three applications with a lot of sanding in between. Not much I can do while all this is running it's course, so I assembled and painted my figure from Master Details. Only problem is: I need to give him a suitable name. Any suggestions?

Peter

Guest Peterpools

I was kind of thinking more along the lines of Mack, which back then, that's what guys were called when no one knew their name. Does it work?

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Marus

Mack it is.

A great Bobby Darin song from back in the day

And thank you for the help

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hubert

Thank yo so much for the kind words and the fit just seems to keep going from bad to worse and then some. I can think of a few other animals that describe the fit a lot better.

Peter

Peter- I've been quietly but earnestly watching your build- wonderful work and I've enjoyed it very much so far.  I've been looking forward to this build myself (you've chosen many of the same approaches and markings I was looking at), but haven't been able to get to it, so I am vicariously living through your build.  

Keep up the great work!

Kai

Guest Peterpools

Kai

So very much appreciate the kind words on the build. It's been a challenge and certainly a huge learning experience for me. My mistake was thinking I could go back forty years and build it as in the day but my biggest biggest was putting such a tight time frame on the build. The kit just demands more TLC and time and shouldn't have been an in between project before the  fast approaching Typhoon Buddy Build with John planned to start on News Years Day. But the positive side of it all, it';s kept me plugging away rather then saying; tomorrow is another day.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Iain

Thank you so much for the very kind words on the Serversky - just a gen of a kit and it's surely has provided the opportunity to try  and learn new techniques.

Still plugging away and with a lot of Lady Luck's help, she will be in the paint shop this weekend.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

John

I'm still pushing hard to make it over the finish line on time and hopefully keep our Buddy Build starting date. Nice to know I have some breathing space, just in case. It's a fight to the finish and I'm very close to priming as the flaps are in and just needing repeated putty and sanding work. In between the filler and sanding, I've polished the canopies, as I'm not a fan of coating canopies with Future and finished all the masking as well.

Peter