Hawker Typhoon Airfix 1/24 Update 2:27- Across the Finish Line!

scvrobeson

Nice work, Matt.  Like that a lot.  Is there a top to the control column?

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!  High compliment coming from someone of your skills.  

Yes, there is a top to the control column. I didn't have it installed, because it would have obscured a lot of the pictures. All I added to that was a bit of wiring like I saw in pictures.  It's safely in there now.

Matt   :frantic:

That's down right perty :D

I wish I could be a subtle as you have been.  Your results are very lifelike.

Dan

Thank you Dan. I found it a lot easier to be subtle with the work in 1/24 scale. The bigger parts made it easier to see everything in context, and Airfix really did provide everything, except the instrument decals/placards. Airscale really set the bar high with those parts.

Matt  :frantic:

Got one in my stash. Your work is inspiring....

I'm glad you appreciate my work. I look forward to seeing your build of the Typhoon. It is a beautiful kit, as long as you're willing to sit down and do all of the clean-up needed. My copy of the kit has a ton of mold seams and some flash on it that has to be cleaned up before assembly. 

Matt,

NEAT, FLAWLESS, Detailed, SUPERB work on everything . :wow:

The Worn out old LEATHER look seats are amazing.. :wub:

Matt, the kit might provide everything but One has to have the skills and determination to make it look SPLENDID,

And you have nailed it.

:goodjob: :clap2:

Thank you as always Maru. You always have the most glowing reviews and comments. I'm really glad you like how it has all come together.  There is still a ton of work to go though, still need to do the engine and everything.  The leather back pad does show up better in the earlier pictures I posted, the camera must have gotten a bit confused doing the overall cockpit shots.

Matt

Tremendous work on the Typhoon's front office. Amazing work on the weathering and bringing out all the details.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you Peter. I really look forward to your build of the Typhoon in the new year. I'm sure that you'll do a wonderful job with it given your skills.  I would call the Airscale set a necessity though for it, you'll want to get that for your build.  Most of the other detail sets I've seen don't seem to offer too much over what's already there.

Now thats what a cockpit should look like...the wiring,seat,etc. all kick it up,  lovely. :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  

Thank you William. Luckily, most of the stuff was already in the kit, I just needed to paint and weather it accordingly.  Glad you like the work I've put in so far.

Just sensational mate!!

You have the perfect balance of weathering and detail without it looking like she sat out in the rain with the canopy open for a couple of months! Nice work, well impressed

Cheers

Anthony

Thank you Anthony. That means a lot. I wanted it to be slightly weathered, but I figured they wouldn't get too trashed over in Europe. I do want to add some dirt to the heel boards before it's all sealed away though.  Figured they would have picked up some dirt and mud off of the boots.

What a beast! Lookin' real good Matt. An observation though if I may, with the Tiffee being a tail sitter, wouldn't the staining on the oil tank run rearwards rather than straight down?

(Running and ducking for cover)

Cheers,

Wolf

No need to duck for cover Wolf. You are right that it would streak backwards. Sadly, the way Airfix designed the kit, there is no way to show off the oil tank.  So it was more of a weathering test exercise than a real paint job.  I wanted to test out some new techniques to use on the underside later, and the invisible oil tank gave me a good chance to do that.  

Thank you for pointing it out though, I like receiving tips from people on how to make my builds better.