Revell He 219 "Uhu"

ChrisK89

Is the canopy glued in place Chris? If not, a small sliver of plastic card, shaped to fit the contours of both fuselage and canopy, could do the job. If the canopy is already glued in place, you could try a water-soluble putty like Vallejo's, which can also be cleaned up with a moist cotton bud. You can also try adding paint to it (or Gator's Grip) to tint it the same colour as the interior. I haven't tried that personally, but I'm led to believe it can be done.

Kev

You could put a dollop of Apoxie sculpt the size of a Gnat's left one in that spot, press the canopy into place to get the correct radius, or shape, then pop off the canopy after a couple of hours. When dry, you can sand the Apoxie flush and paint it.

I always use Micro Crystal Clear for gluing canopies/parts inside the canopies. But prior i paint the canopy edges where the glue will ne applied with the frame color to avoid gluing streaks.

And yes... the canopy is glued so i have to work with putty (damn me). Its stupid but i didn't realised the gap before painting the frame in rlm66

After work i'll mix vallejo putty with black color and try to fix it then...lets hope it will work!

cheers Chris

Edited by ChrisK89

Crystal Clear usually dries within an hour. I never had any problems with drying times so far.

And i think i got it! Canopy looks good now (not perfect but good).  I also rescribed the panel lines and installed the PE hatches.

20141122_143858.jpg20141122_143930.jpg20141122_144003.jpg20141122_144030.jpg

(Hatches on the belly aren't installed yet)

Hope you like it.

cheers Chris

After having a few small alignment problems with the fuselage halves it was tricky to get the seams gone... putty ftw :doh:

20141120_210717.jpg20141120_210606.jpg

Panel lines has to be rescribed now after puttying and sanding but thats gonna be no real problem.

While the fusleage looks good besides the not yet existing panel lines i worry about the clear parts...

20141120_210428.jpg

Any suggestions how i could get em done without seeing the putty on the inside?

cheers Chris

Nice work Chris. This is the other kit on my "to get list". What brand of putty did you use?

I use mainly Mr Dissolved Putty or Mr Surfacer 1500, you can sand it wet and very smooth. Sometimes i use Vallejo Putty because its water soluble and easy to use.. the problem for me with it is that i have to sand it dry because if it is wet big flakes are coming off and i get stupid edges.

For filling gaps i mainly use Vallejo Putty, for removing seam lines Mr Surfacer and Mr Dissolved Putty.

cheers Chris

• 3 weeks later...

A long time ago in a galaxy far away....(Episode 7 Trailer is out yay :frantic: )

Okay, okay i finally managed to keep on building my He219 and made a little progress. Vertical Stabilizers are done, the casting defects on the wings sanded down aaaaaand the engine nacelles halves are glued together, strengthened on the inside and weighted with small steel balls. Have a look!

20141210_185648.jpg20141210_185710.jpg20141210_185412.jpg20141210_185458.jpg20141210_185544.jpg

cheers Chris