Tamiya Mustang.. back to the bench.

williamj

Finished this week!!!!! Holy cow, I better get that Trumpeter kit in the mail for you..............maybe the Wildcat. :)

Cheers,

Wolf

You'd better not!!  :deadhorse:

Edited by williamj

Decals...I had to "make" the letters for the nose as the reduced 1/24 Airfix markings were the wrong shape,length,height..so working from a photo of Mason's aircraft we spent (wasted?) an entire evening on the nose marking (letters). Did not get as close as wished,but called it at a point..felt like I had to quit cause it wasn't going to get any better.

Hope you like it.

DSCF6042_zpsa8298d2d.jpg

DSCF6044_zpsafb7870a.jpg

Edited by williamj

Hello

Please does anyone of you got a schematic drawing of the different shades of Alclad use to build the fuselage of an actual P-51D?

I remember seen such a like factory manual info somewhere but can't find it again?

TIA

raf

Hello

Please does anyone of you got a schematic drawing of the different shades of Alclad use to build the fuselage of an actual P-51D?

I remember seen such a like factory manual info somewhere but can't find it again?

TIA

raf

Sorry Raf.wish I could help,perhaps someone will chime in.

Cheers.

Bill:

Can't speak for anybody else, but I think it looks great! If your efforts are off, they are not off by much comparing it with photos of Col. Mason's plane. :) I wish a decal manufacturer would make decals for this aircraft (I hope somebody's listening). Again, great work and I wish a had your skills. Andy

Edited by acarothers896

Bill:

Can't speak for anybody else, but I think it looks great! If you efforts are off, they are not off by much comparing it with photos of Col. Mason's plane. :) I wish a decal manufacturer would make decals for this aircraft (I hope somebody's listening). Again, great work and I wish a had your skills. Andy

Thanks Andy,appreciate it muchly...That photo you sent was instrumental in helping me last night..know I have thanked you but again..that was great.

Cheers.

Bill.

Thanks for following and the support guys,couple more days of pi@#&*! about and it's cooked.

Have a nice Mike Good USAAF figure(standing) and thinking we might put him to action.

Edited by williamj

Decals almost done so we decided to unmask the (puttied) wings to see what they look like..

So now for a few more decals some toning and weathering..just a bit..and then up on its legs.   have a base ready for it.

Cheers.

Bill.

This is true blue

DSCF6061_zpsc583268e.jpg

DSCF6049_zps59bc2111.jpg

Edited by williamj