superbug, twin tails ´n twin engines FINISHED

blackbetty

thank you Paul!

the hinges for the flaps are very crude too and need some love. to get the 100% correct you would have to replace them :angry2:

the modified one is glued to the wing

79_zps6k0j9lo6.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

for painting the intakes i fabbed up some plugs to avoid having to mask the intake (the rear part is white, thank got its white resin :rolleyes: )

i used the trumpy kit intakes to get the cross section close.

82_zpsbew2aqnf.jpg

some cardboard backed foam material

83_zpsu49yxnbh.jpg

with a screw to help pull it out.

84_zpsierzk9qb.jpg

i think with multiple light coats of paint i can get away with this.

tried the decals on the fin after these were painted gloss black (revell aqua) too.

looks nice, these are in perfect register and the colours are brilliant even on black :thumbsup:

but sure as hell they dont wrap around the leading edge of the fin and i will have to mask and paint the yellow part :BANGHEAD2:

hope i can match the yellow.....

86_zpsbvw5q2jl.jpg

the things that hang under the wings and go boom have been assembled and primed, the loadout is pretty typical for the time of the sheme. two GBUs (from the kit, will have to compare them toi the academy bombs of the F-16 kit - dont know if they are that much better), a GBU 38 from the Sufa kit (i think Barry sent me this one - thanx again), a Maverick from the legacy hornet kit and the targeting pod that comes with the kit.

87_zps05b0ipgz.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

ablative coating on the bombs was done with brushing on tamiya cement to the bodies and immediately roughing it up with a very stiff brush to give the texture. i think most of the ablative coatings are overdone on models. if you look at the real thing they cant be seen from a couple of yards away.

88_zps49rg1qar.jpg

at least some progress now.....

Edited by blackbetty

• 2 weeks later...