Dragon Models 1/32nd Scale P-51D Mustang "Miss Miami"

Tomcat14

Hello again; This will be my second submission Here on LSP, Here is finished Model from about three years ago I built. I had a lot of fun building this kit especially doing the historical research on this aircraft and particular interest to me Since I Grew up in Miami Florida when I was a kid. The kit was built pretty much out of the Box with the exception of the Homemade decals that I created for it. This aircraft was flown by1st Lt. Ernest C Fiebelkorn 77th FS 20th FG  with 9 Victories. He shared a Me-262 kill, along with Lt. Edward Hayden, of the 357th.FG. The German jet fighter was piloted by the famed German ace Maj. Walter Notwotny. Sadly he became one of the first US pilots killed during the Korean conflict while flying a F-82 Twin-Mustang. Here is his Mustang and My interpratation of it. I did not have the decals that go on the sides of the fuselage behind the cowlings at that time and was not brave enough to paint them on, but hope to someday redo this aircraft to the proper livery. Enjoy.

4909L1_zps82773059.jpg  fieb_zps76d8ddf7.jpg

Mymoldels0021.jpg

Mymoldels0071.jpg

Very Nice Build Sir!

Finish is clean and the decals are a nice Tribute to the pilot.

The Dragon kit gets a lot of grief, but he sure looks like a 'STANG" to me. 

I have one in the stash that will come out soon

WELCOME ABOARD, TOMCAT14

jack