Trumpeter 1/24 Me Bf 109G-2 Rall's Black 13

DaneBramage

Finally completed!!! This was a rough build that started Feb 2013- This biznatch got in my head a couple of times and almost won... OOB except for the gorgeous Radu harness and the home cast resin wheels (proud of those) some extra decals³ :frantic: from Techmod. Kevin  :coolio:  and HobbyDecal and of course- evergreen and procrastination. This is my sixth aircraft build since returning to modeling 5 years ago. Experten take it easy on me I know the serial is wrong... thanks to all who have prodded and encouraged me. Thanks Sparzanza and ** for your inspiration.

1091024007_zpsd3efa737.jpg

1091024004_zps964943e6.jpg

1091024005_zpsaed7af8b.jpg

1091024003_zps018f9e1d.jpg

1091024006_zps287d25d3.jpg

1091024008_zpsa0a67e39.jpg

1091024011_zps48faf2c2.jpg

1091024010_zpsbb254c1a.jpg

1091024012_zps46ab6ae3.jpg

³Don't ask about those damned Kit Decals...

Edited by DaneBramage

Woo, yes! This kit deserves its own thread. :)

Thanks for sharing your magnificent 109 with us, Dane... I love it. Then again what's not to love about 109's?

Beautiful build, simply put.

Thanks for your encouragement and motivation on this build. It has been priceless. When I came back to modeling I was going to be a strict armor guy. When I left modeling, there were NO aftermarket- No PE - No evergreen (that I knew of LOL). I built an old mold Hase 109E and thought it was ok. Then I came here.... and Lurked. Now I am going in different directions just to learn techniques might even build a     (wait for it)     car... But I am always going to build AC I have the bug. Planes and tanks with a little "strange" on the side. :whistle:

Great looking 109. I especially like the mottling on the fuselage. I think you nailed it. :goodjob:

John

Thanks man. She tried to kick my arse and almost won a couple of times.

Dane

Very nicely done and always glad to see another 24th scale build reach completion

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

I heard that. Big boys require commitment and detail. The office doesn't compare to Kevin's ( vvv ) K-4

So this is what you needed those decals for, eh? I'm glad they worked out for you. Looks real nice; makes me want to go ahead and finish my K-4!

Yup you saved my behind. Thanks again. I was just on the K-4 build and it's stunning.... I wanna see your tires. Casting is tricky. Jerry Rutman walked me through the process.

Edited by DaneBramage

• 5 weeks later...