F-105D Alice's Joy Col. Jack Broughton

dora9

Ok so after a long arm twisting session with my buddy Dan, I will start an F-105 from the Hobby Craft kit,wich is a repop of Trumpeter, and since I got it really cheap I can let myself loose on resin.

So got the Aires interior and wheel bays, AMS ventral fin correction and FOD covers and G-Factor metal gears.

P1080180_zps7d529e2a.jpg

P1080182_zps28032e58.jpg

So wish me luck on this one, cause I think it will be tight for deadline! :frantic:

OUTSTANDING      "Thud Ridge" driver

Lookng forward to seeing another THUD in the mix.  You might want to check out GT Resin as he has produced some parts that you may consider, such  

as a nose and rudder.  I used a Cutting Edge nose on mine and it needed so much work to make it fit that I would consider using the kit nose like I did

on my G that I guilt 8 years ago.

If there is anything I can do to help out, don't hesitate to ask me or anyone here as "We Aim to Please"  sometimes are AIM is a little off, but we try hard.

watch'in you :wicked:

jack         PS Good Luck

Andre, Welcome to the Group Build!

We are all looking forward to watching your progress on this great plane.

I have added your name and project to the who's building what list. As Jack has said, please feel free to ask if you find yourself needing something.

All the best,

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

Thanks guys! You can be sure if I hit a bump or a ridge :whistle: I'll let you know and yes I tried the Cutting Edge nose on an F-105G and it been stashed in the closet since then.

Guest Clunkmeister

I love the 105, always have, always will!  Everybody loves a mud mover!

Edited by Clunkmeister

I'd go with chromate green on the wheel wells and silver lacquer on the doors.  There is a good article in Airpower vol. 33, No.2 that has pics of his bird.  You'll need to remove the strengthening plates on the wings and the spine on the top of the fuselage as his a/c didn't have those mods yet.  Good luck with the build.

Bruce

Edited by Bruce

Thanks Bruce, when did they get those mods, in the States back from 'Nam?

the spine mods were made I believe in late '67 and the strengthening plates were post Vietnam I believe.  For sure after "Alice's Joy" time.

Bruce