1/32 Bf109G-14 (Revell)

zak

So I decided to build the Revell Bf109G-6 with all the Alley cat resin sets. I figured this would be quite a straight forward and quick 

build that I could complete in my summer break from University....how wrong I was! I wont go into to much detail about the kits fit 

issues as I think its been said numerous times before on other folks builds. However it has to be said that I think many of the 

problems I had were due to my mediocre modelling skills! The Alley cat set is beautiful and is a 'must have' set for this kit but I may 

not bother using aires's cockpits again due to fit issues (which Ive had with every set I had from them.)

This is the bird i'm making (montex masks) Bf109G-14 yellow 25

DSC_0634.jpg

Aires cockpit (Fit issues? Oh yes). Need to tone down weathering.

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

Assembly underway, oh and a crap load of rivets (MDC rivet tool)

DSC_0631.jpg

DSC_0632.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

A wash of humbrol black to highlight rivets and mistakes

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

Painting started. First time using montex masks and im really impressed. Gunze mr.color paints used. Itching to get to the weathering stage now....

DSC_0645.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

Access panel scribed (not present on Revell kit)

DSC_0650.jpg

Spinner done but may re-do as im not entirely happy with it.

DSC_0630.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Thanks guys! Its a painted spiral using montex mask. Its hard to tell in the photo (need to work on my photography skills!} but ive accidentally deleted a panel line that runs around the base. Also I'm not

to happy with the chipping. I may just add a few water-colour filters/weathering though and keep it as is.

Thanks again

Zak

Hi folks, had a disaster with humbrol varnish today totally egg-shelling/dissolving the paint job! ive used this varnish for a while and had no problems so really don't know

what caused it. Oh well gonna strip paint, order some more masks and start again. I was wondering if anyone knows what dry transfer options are available aswell for

the all the basic stencilling? The Revell decals were a tad thick

Zak

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all ,having a problem with uploading stuff, think ive cracked it now ;)

So ive stripped and repainted everything and made a start on the weathering. Not sure if the weathering is a bit excessive but i do like a dirty bird!

url=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/zaktwist/media/bf%20109g-14/DSC_0673.jpg.html]DSC_0673.jpg[/url

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

DSC_0678.jpg

DSC_0677.jpg

Just waiting for decals to arrive in the post then start on the landing gear

Thanks for looking

Edited by zak

looking good.  one question...didn't the gun bulges on the nose have a double seem because there was a seal there?

Bruce

That sir, is a very good point! Damn, can't believe I missed that. I'll blame alley cat for that ;). Don't think I'm gonna change it this late into the build but thanks for pointing it out :)