Revell 1/32 Arado AR-196A WIP

Guest DannyVM

Erick and Hakan, Thank's for the nice comment's guy's.

Ok, back to the design table :mental:

Today i've bin busy with the wing's, ailerons and flap's. All is glued together, and after the putty treatment (wich was almost non existend) i sanded the part's.

DSC_0197_zps6ac1396a.jpg

DSC_0198_zps0265e47e.jpg

DSC_0200_zpsa7bc486a.jpg

I dry-fitted the wings to the fuselage, and yes......this gave a very good fit :punk:

DSC_0201_zps9acfc5e3.jpg

DSC_0203_zps0b6a4bdf.jpg

Time to tackle the fuselage, also here i used some putty to fill up the seam's. For this i still use my very thrustfull methode of mixing Tamiya putty with Revell contacta liqiud to get a workable and slow drying putty, this methode allows me to pin point applying putty with a thoot pick.

DSC_0205_zps2a72a144.jpg

DSC_0206_zps9617b300.jpg

DSC_0207_zpsd9b48dd8.jpg

That's all for now folk's

Greetz

Danny

Danny I think those under fuselage lumps are a bit spurious. I took mine off with a knife and it made the seam easier.

Don't forget to drill the holes under the cockpit for the rear struts to the floats. It's not very clear in the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank's guy's :)

I'm back with a little progress on the two floats.

After the floats where glued together, some seams needed to be filled up, so i used my very trusted methode of mixing Tamiya putty with Revell contacta liquid for a accurate and pin pointed applyance.

I taped the aerea's with the rivet detail with Tamiya tape, to prevent loss of detail.

DSC_0001_zpsa8b5f80a.jpg

DSC_0002_zps4157b9a9.jpg

There was no need to put much work in sanding because of the very thin line of putty that was applyed.

DSC_0005_zps14120074.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsbfd31327.jpg

Next thing are the steering paddles, overhere there where a couple of sink marks needed to take cate of.

DSC_00012_zpsc1599583.jpg

DSC_0004_zps053df462.jpg

These where also filled with a mix of Tamiya putty and Conacta liquid.

After a treatment with some Eduard PE detail stuff, and all holes drilled out, the floats looked like this.

DSC_0007_zps2611cc92.jpg

DSC_0009_zps082c123c.jpg

DSC_0012_zps73b65f89.jpg

Oh i forgot to mention that i didn't put weight into the floats because..........ok ok :doh:  :doh:  :doh: ........i forgot to put weight into the floats :oops:  :oops: .......but no problem, the whole thing will be put on a trolley and secured to the base plate.

Greetz

Danny

Doesn´t this shrink when drying?

Yes a little bit, but you can adjust that with adding some more putty, when dryed and sanded. The fluid substance after adding Revell conacta liquid gives you more room to pin pointed the putty to a certain surface without filling other details that needs to stay on the surface. And very important, the drying time is much longer then the original putty straight from the tube.

@ Maru5137: thank's allot for the nice comment, this is much appriciated.

Greetz

Danny

Wow Danny - I dont know how I missed this build until now.

Looks great. I agree about the surface of the printed bits from Eduard. I wonder how they can make such delicate details and then have the plain color surface so rough ?? Another thing is the color looks stange to me, the boxes look blue-ish. With that being said - the instrument panel looks fantastic - superb !

I got this one in the stash, so I'll be following closely :popcorn: :popcorn: