Hasegawa 1:32 P-47. Ole C0ck III

lampie

Thanks Don.

The Master Details horizontal stabilisers are direct replacements for kit parts and attached very easily.

The cowl was easy enough. I built the engine assembly and attached the cowl around it. Made the hole in the back larger so it lowered the whole cowling slightly to eliminate the step at the bottom.

Nothing too taxing, as early discussions about this kit made out.

Sink marks on the top wing surfaces I filled with thin CA, and the MDC cockpit fitted with most of the surgery called for in the instructions not actually being required.

Only other addition was a set of replacement 50 cals.

Hope this helps,

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

1st congrts for the great job-2 quests i have-1)at the pics from the bottom i can see the cowling NOT been flush with the fuselage,its a kit s draw or the way it is? 2)i want to add resin bombs to mine,are there any mods needed to the pylon at the attaching points or i just cut off the kit s bombs and add the resin?-thanks

Thanks guys

1st congrts for the great job-2 quests i have-1)at the pics from the bottom i can see the cowling NOT been flush with the fuselage,its a kit s draw or the way it is? 2)i want to add resin bombs to mine,are there any mods needed to the pylon at the attaching points or i just cut off the kit s bombs and add the resin?-thanks

The cowling fit was something that people got all flustered about when it first came out, with people chopping off the large locating lug and getting their knickers in all sorts of twists about. Easy option, enlarge the hole on the back of the cowl flaps part so the whole cowling sits a bit lower. Takes all of 5 minutes. As for the pylons, I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. The kits bombs are separate so no cutting needed there. I would imagine it to be pretty straight forward but not being at home can't reference the kit I'm afraid.

Is the larger one the VFS kit? How was it in your experience? I know it's being released through Kinetic, and I'm thinking about getting one.

Yes it is, and I loved it.

Build blog can be found here.

http://p47.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=132371&page=1

Somehow, that blog has attracted almost 19'000 views!!

Cosford2013_zps0c664896.jpg

Nige

http://56thfightergroup.co.uk/

Thanks guys

The cowling fit was something that people got all flustered about when it first came out, with people chopping off the large locating lug and getting their knickers in all sorts of twists about. Easy option, enlarge the hole on the back of the cowl flaps part so the whole cowling sits a bit lower. Takes all of 5 minutes. As for the pylons, I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. The kits bombs are separate so no cutting needed there. I would imagine it to be pretty straight forward but not being at home can't reference the kit I'm afraid.

Yes it is, and I loved it.

Build blog can be found here.

http://p47.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=132371&page=1

Somehow, that blog has attracted almost 19'000 views!!

Cosford2013_zps0c664896.jpg

Nige

http://56thfightergroup.co.uk/

1st thanks for responce,it was helpfull as of the 1st question-for the bombs i mean the resin ones are 'plain',without the kit s part that s attached on the (kit s)bombs and 'sinks' into the pylon,so should i cut it off the kit s bombs ans stick it on the resins or the latest just attouch on the pylon s arms?-thanks-cheers