Hobby Boss 1/32 P-61B Black Widow...

Derek B

Maybe you'll actually build it ! (I hope).....Harv

Not this one Harv, it is strictly a pattern mule for my EMD products; however, if I do manage to get another one, I will build that (having said that, I will most likely be building another type of Widow before I get my hands on another HB kit).

Cheers

Derek

Look forward to what you produce for the kit, pre-ordered mine from Relish Models back in February... still waiting... an experience I won't be repeating.

Thanks Andy - Sorry to hear of your delay issues with Relish Models (They may have had valid reasons for the delay?). My policy is that I will not offer products for sale through EMD unless I physically have them in stock, that way I can guarantee to dispatch them on immediate receipt of funds.

Derek

On 4/28/2013 at 3:50 AM, levier said:

F-15 Reporter?

Hi Levier,

In two senses, yes. I have a vacform (Ex-ID Models) 1/32 P-61 Black Widow which I intend to make as part of the forthcoming LSP vacform GB, but as it has no transparencies, I have decided to complete it as a F-15A Reporter.

In the other sense, I wouldn't mind making an F-15A Reporter conversion set for the HB P-61B kit as well.

Regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

I thought - simply out of curiosity - that it would be fun to see how the main airframe parts of the old ID Models (Now Tigger Models) 1/32 vacform P-61 Black Widow stacks up against the HB kit.

HBP-61kit008_zps257fb396.jpg

HBP-61kit017_zps181404cd.jpg

HBP-61kit018_zps662c2cdf.jpg

HBP-61kit019_zpsda9fbe48.jpg

HBP-61kit011_zpsd4bed91c.jpg

HBP-61kit013_zps16cce809.jpg

HBP-61kit015_zps8515c609.jpg

It is generally fractionally larger than the HB kit but agrees very well in overall shape which is amazing considering how old the origins of this vacform kit are. I would give Tigger Models a big thumbs up for this vacform kit. My vacform kit will not be built as a P-61 Black Widow.

Derek