HK Models 1/32 B-25J Bomber 7:19:13 All Done!

scvrobeson

Matt, glad to see you back at it, and things have settled down. Good job so far. Can't wait for more. Your friend, Harv :popcorn:

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Sorry to hear you had a rough month and glad to see you're back at the bench. Weathering looks right on the money and the wear looks used and worn.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Matt, glad to see you back at it, and things have settled down. Good job so far. Can't wait for more. Your friend, Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv. I'm glad you like it. Thanks for all of the help last month, I'm just happy to be back at the bench. It's a good stress reliever from normal life.

This is just a weathering test, but hopefully the rest of the plane will come out as well as the tail did. I do need to fade the rudders more though to give more of a contrast.

Matt :party0023:

Matt

Sorry to hear you had a rough month and glad to see you're back at the bench. Weathering looks right on the money and the wear looks used and worn.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter. I'm glad you like the weathering. It's a test of the paint work that will be applied to the rest of the plane. It was done using salt, and various airbrush techniques. There will be lots of oil and pigment weathering once the decals go on, then it will be set aside to wait for the rest of the plane. The test-fits have gone well enough for me to glue the tail on once the fuselage is done.

Wow.. top notch weathering....cant wait to see more...

Shep

Thank you Shep. I'm glad you like how it looks. I was able to get some more painting done on the rudders today to up the contrast, so they should look better once I get the decals on.

Thanks for stopping in and commenting.

Very nice layering.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark. There are a few layers of paint on there to try and make it look accurate, I'm glad you think I pulled it off. I've got a couple of color photos of the plane I'm doing, so I'm trying to match those as close as possible.

Great work so far Matt!

The only thing I can see maybe is that the middle section/interior of the tail gunners compartment in most pics I have seen is interior green (or whatever green they used). Im not sure it will be super visible after completion anyway so im sure you could leave it NMF and be ok too :)

006_zpsf38330fc.jpg

Great work so far Matt!

The only thing I can see maybe is that the middle section/interior of the tail gunners compartment in most pics I have seen is interior green (or whatever green they used). Im not sure it will be super visible after completion anyway so im sure you could leave it NMF and be ok too :)

Thanks Brian! I will be sure to fix that. I wasn't sure what color it would be, so I coated it with Aluminum like everything else. Interior YZC makes more sense though, I will change that.

Thanks for stopping in and helping out.

Ur dong a stellar job here Matty and Im sure ul have a winner even if you left it. :D

Thanks Brian. I'm really enjoying your build as well. I think I need to change it though just for my own peace of mind. I don't think I could leave it aluminum knowing it should be another color. I'm hoping that the rest of the plane comes out as nice as the tail, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Thanks for reading in. I can probably get up some more pictures tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hey everybody. I'm back with some new pictures. I got the Kits-World Decals on the tail, and then gave it an overall oil wash. I used a mix of Ivory Black and Raw Umber, and I kept it thick so that it would stick in the surface detail. After leaving it to dry overnight, I cleaned it all off, and saw how it sat in the detail. Then it got flat-coated, and I was able to chip the red portion a bit. Now it will get some oil filtering, and associated weathering. Then it will be set aside until it's time to be added to the fuselage.

001_zps7c8e5d3c.jpg

002_zps400d1a73.jpg

003_zpsb0bc9856.jpg

004_zps8c7ca706.jpg

005_zpsf8afa6bc.jpg

006_zps5169cdc8.jpg

007_zps08e83a11.jpg

008_zps58f492e6.jpg

009_zps5d6cd84b.jpg

010_zps386248fe.jpg

I hope that everyone enjoys how this looks. Thank you to all of you who have been reading in and watching this build.

I am open to all comments and critiques, I want to make sure this looks as good as it can for Nationals.

Matt