"The Beast"

LSP_K2

Good choice - I like the ambush schemes.

I'm thinking I'll do my E-100 in a hard edged panzer 46 style camo.

I'll post some pics when I get around to it.

I'd like to see your E-100 while you're working it.

It just a casting defect from the factory...!

Since I'm adding no AM to this Beast, I at least want to add/correct what details I can to create a reasonably accurate looking vehicle, the paint scheme issue aside.

• 1 month later...
Guest Peterpools

Kev

Nice work on adding the texture to the turret. She sure is looking real good.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Kev

Nice work on adding the texture to the turret. She sure is looking real good.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter. Perhaps I'll be able to use the great paints you sent me on this effort, and thanks again.

. The fender design of the Tamiya kit does not lend itself easily to a partially fendered vehicle either, and almost all photos I've seen of the Jagdtiger are missing most (if not all), of the fender segments.

At 80 tons I doubt I could park that monster without knocking all the fenders off too.

Chunky! Good title for the thread so far with the size and mass of this thing. I have a real love of aviation modling but did armor as a kid.........and have been thinking about doing a ship or armor as a break........but so many winged models to complete.

Looks good so far K2! Will be cool to see with some paint on..........

I really should check my references more closely (though in my defense I didn't have most of the five books on the Maus that I now have when I began this project a couple of years ago), as I've now become aware that the large wedge shaped guard on the upper hull is actually three different pieces, designed to facilitate removal of the panels beneath! Correcting this "in situ", combined with too much enthusiasm, ended up with me gouging the heck out of the upper right deck.

DSCN4002_zpsba15751e.jpg

... Ouch! ... did that to my Pz.IV.Ausf.D when I realised I'd put the wrong rear deck covers on for the African variant ... glue wasn't so easily separated! ... it was only an old tool Tamiya so I tossed it and bought a Dragon to replace it :D ... but it fixed in rememberance for me the modelers dictum "check thrice, glue once!!" ... you look to have saved yours though! ;)

• 3 months later...

Looks like I forgot what this thread was originally started as; the Jagdtiger, not the Maus. :oops:

Photo in post #61 had already been posted;... this is the photo I needed, showing the general arrangement of the display concept.

042013001_zpscf4e205f.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hello Kevin.

NOICE.. it's been a while since I dropped in .. it's come along quite well.

:goodjob:

Thanks a bunch. Hopefully I'll finish it this year sometime;... that's the plan anyway. I need to get this one out of the way, before I buy the big 1:16 version.