"The Beast"

LSP_K2

The mobile pill box is coming along nicely.

J

LOL...and not very mobile at that. Nice work Tiffie (Aces High name for the Typhoon).... I have one of these and may build it some day. I have a moderate armor stash and was considering liquidating it but I changed my mind. Those Tasca Sherman's I have are gonna be the nuts when I get around to building them.

Edited by TimC

Even immobile, it was a beast to deal with for the allies. We had nothing like it, and it was formidable, to say the least. My next German project (I hope), will be this 170mm more or less "Paper Panzer".

trumpeter-00378_zpsa98c0ec6.jpg

I'd been a member of an armor modeling site for quite some time, but never joined a campaign (group build) before, but have joined two in the last two weeks, one of which is the "Super Heavy" campaign. For this campaign, I've decided to resume work on this, the Dragon 1:35 Super Heavy Maus. This thing is gargantuan!

DSCN3975_zpsca55d2ac.jpg

Kevin,

Looking very good so far.

:popcorn:

I think armor build are not as straight forward as some aircrafts so with all those idly bidly bits must be fiddly work. :frantic:

I think you are doing an impressive job on the Beast. :goodjob:

I actually find them easler to build then A/C - and much quicker due to being able to do the whole build without without painting a cockpit / engine / details etc before moving to the next assembly stage.

It's a good change from A/C at times.

Great work on the beasts too. I have an E-100B ready for paint and a Kingtiger and Panther F close to finishing.

Good choice - I like the ambush schemes.

I'm thinking I'll do my E-100 in a hard edged panzer 46 style camo.

I'll post some pics when I get around to it.

Edited by joe

love the ambush scheme,I plan on doing my first tank model ( a late leopard based Gepard) in this scheme.

For the Maus a panzer grey urban job would be cool with lots of rubble and debris..

Edited by Shawn M

love the ambush scheme,I plan on doing my first tank model ( a late leopard based Gepard) in this scheme.

For the Maus a panzer grey urban job would be cool with lots of rubble and debris..

I considered gray. I may just go with a late war variation of tan brown and green, not real sure yet. Whatever I do, it'll be completely spurious.

I really should check my references more closely (though in my defense I didn't have most of the five books on the Maus that I now have when I began this project a couple of years ago), as I've now become aware that the large wedge shaped guard on the upper hull is actually three different pieces, designed to facilitate removal of the panels beneath! Correcting this "in situ", combined with too much enthusiasm, ended up with me gouging the heck out of the upper right deck.

DSCN4002_zpsba15751e.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Nothing like having to back tracking and re-working but you sure have it under control. Super progress ..

Keep 'em coming