Revell 1:32 Hawker Hurricane IIc, 5 Sqn, Burma 1943-44

KallistiUK

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fuselage was closed up yesterday which meant adding the battery and tray...

DSC_0431.JPG

Its dofficult to know if this is accurate as I've never seen a photo with the hatch open and the battery in place. All the photos I've seen so far have been of an empty compartment. Then again I suppose if I've never been able to find a photo, will anyone else viewing the model know better? :)

You can also see the hole I've already drilled for the IFF wires that will be added later. I've made sure these were drilled at a oblique angle to the line of the wire right.

Here is the cockpit again now its closed up - I'm very pleased with this cockpit, I'm just hoping that the engine detailing will turn out as good!

DSC_0433.JPG

I've been working on the wings but there isn't much special here, they are pretty much out of the box. However, I did end up using the kit canon covers on the top wing as the Barracuda resin replacement were too small and to be brutally honest I didn't fee like trying to sort out the gap!

Today the wings and fuselage will be joined...

Fuselage was closed up yesterday which meant adding the battery and tray...

DSC_0431.JPG

Its dofficult to know if this is accurate as I've never seen a photo with the hatch open and the battery in place. All the photos I've seen so far have been of an empty compartment. Then again I suppose if I've never been able to find a photo, will anyone else viewing the model know better? :)

You can also see the hole I've already drilled for the IFF wires that will be added later. I've made sure these were drilled at a oblique angle to the line of the wire right.

Here is the cockpit again now its closed up - I'm very pleased with this cockpit, I'm just hoping that the engine detailing will turn out as good!

DSC_0433.JPG

I've been working on the wings but there isn't much special here, they are pretty much out of the box. However, I did end up using the kit canon covers on the top wing as the Barracuda resin replacement were too small and to be brutally honest I didn't fee like trying to sort out the gap!

Today the wings and fuselage will be joined...

I may be slow.. but what has this got to do with the Hurricane? :D