Is Eduard done with doing 1/32 kits?

do335b6

I suspect they are mate (done with 1/32, that is). I think they found the going a bit tough when they released their initial Emil kit. They copped a bit of flak and had to retool some parts, and then both Trumpeter and Dragon came out with competing kits. They had plans for some Spitfire kits too, but I think PCM and then Tamiya beating them to market pulled the blind down on that idea.

Kev

The same sort of stuff happened when they came out with their 1/16 schwimmwagen, 1/35 armor, 1/72 armor, etc. Its really too bad, I still prefer their 109 even with its (in my mind, not terribly serious) flaws.

I think their kits represent an awful good value for the price. I can understand not doing a spitfire with the very good competition out there. But I'd love to see their Mig-21 series upscaled.....

C

They do some great kits, there's still loads of topline subjects to do in 1/32 scale and still plenty of opportunity for Eduard to come up with another, however, I think the nature and unwarranted savaging of their Me109 kit was the final straw for them.

Pity, because subjects such as the BP Defiant,Fairey Battle, Fairey Firefly,Supermarine Seafire and Westland Whirlwind, to name but a few, still beckon!

Whether they'd be seen as commercially viable for them is another matter, but who knows, .......one day?

The thought of a new 1/32 scale Westland Whirwind fighter still stirs the blood, even today!

I think Eduard are crazy in some aspects.

Wingnut openly say they will not do the Dr1 and Camel leaving the door wide open for a beautifully tooled copy of both.

The WW team ave boosted the WW1 interest massively and Eduard could coast in on there coat tails and grab good sales from the two biggest name aircraft of WW1.

With the research done for the 48th kits which are excellent and not being big aircraft make them perfect candidates to blow the Roden kit into the weeds and a killer Camel.

These days few opportunities come along for certain winners but with big interest in WW1 due to WW great work and the door wide open how good a deal do they want?

I reckon they are done in WWII yes

Too much criticism (deserved IMHO) of their 109s when they thought they had delivered a world beater etc etc

It seems the rigours of 1/48 are somewhat less, hence that is commercially the better option, at least for the time being

Mind you, remember they entered 1/35 armour with similar fanfares with their Hetzer?

It got toasted (if you thought the 109 crowd was tough, it has nothing on German armour! ;) ) and they never came back, and that was years ago now...