Tamiya Spitfire Mk. IXc UPDATE 4/20/13 Complete and in the books.

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Rich

Appreciate the kind words. Nice to be able to actually see the light at the end of the tunnel from here.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Thanks Buddy .. appreciate. Next time I'll know better and on the older kits, look to use the better after market sets, which seem to always work well. I was lucky I had the Eagle Cal set ready and waiting.

Guest Peterpools

John

Thanks for the heads up. I was following the color painting/decal guide in the kit and on the eagle Cal instructions. Both show the walk line running on top of the roundel. I'll do some checking tonight and see if I can find some additional info. if the instructions are wrong, I'm not sure how I wouod correct it at this stage without damaging the roundels.

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hi Matt

Much appreciated. I'm with you and never, ever had a problem with Tamiya decals before. Being on the thick side, I really willing to bet, that the kit was stored in a vendors warehouse for years, where they baked in hot weather and were ruined. Lesson learned and on older kits, I'll look to replace the decals with after market ones of better quality. I plan of washing down the Spit this weekend, and then another overcoat of Future/Pledge. I'll add the yellow leading edges and then some light weathering with a Promodeller wash and oil washes. Should hopefully do the trick.

This may be a bit late but maybe for your next project it will be good. There is a guy over on hyperscale today that described his method of decal application. It's worth a look as his decals look the best that I have ever seen!! No way can you see even a hint of carrier film.

J

Outstanding work on the spit Peter. I like your painting style a lot. The subtleness and overall look is just perfect in my eyes.

I have the exact same kit and plan to do the plane of the famous ( in Denmark) aviator Kaj Birksted. If i turns out half as good as this one i will be

very happy. :goodjob:

Cheers

Mikkel

Guest Peterpools

Mikkel

Thanks so much for the kind words. Just trying to get back into the saddle again after decades of being away from the hobby, Surely will be looking forward to your Spit build in the future.