Tamiya Spitfire Mk. IXc UPDATE 4/20/13 Complete and in the books.

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Appreciate the comments on the Spit. and the LSP Article ... guess you can see me smiling when I read what Kev was planning. She was a fun build and the kit really fell together. Glad you like the vignette and presentation. :rolleyes:

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Don

Much appreciated. Glad the weathering worked out as it was first time learning experience and at times, I was a bit shaky heading down that road. :rolleyes:

Guest Peterpools

Geedubelyer

Thanks for the positive comments on the Spit's weathering and finish. I didn't notice the glossy look of the figure as I painted him with Vallejo Model Colors. But after reading your comments and taking a closer look, he is scheduled for a quick trip through the spray booth today. Thanks again :rolleyes:

Guest Peterpools

Maru

Thanks so much for the comments on the Spit. A great kit and a ton of the credit has to go to Tamiya for their wonderful artistry in plastic engineering. :rolleyes:

Peter,

Absolutely fantastic build of one of the prettiest aircraft of the war. Just read your great build in one sitting. I had the same splintered Tamiya decal challenge with my two Phantoms and I successfully salvaged them by brushing Microscale Liquid Decal Film over the decals I wanted to use. It is very effective. I know this is kind of late...and the markings you used look really good! Cheers, Tom

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Thanks for the info and tip on using Microscale Liquid Decal Film and I'll be picking up a bottle this week for future projects. One question; did you coat the Tamiya decals as a precaution or only after experiencing the cracking?

Thanks for the positive comments; so very much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Edited by Peterpools

Peter, can I ask a special request? Could you post a close-up photo of the pilot figure? Looks great ! I like the Spit a lot; painting is spot on! I'd build a couple of them, but it's quite a budget...

What's going to be your next project?