WNW FokkerDVII MFGR1 ,Gotthard Sachsenberg

miamiangler

Looking good Willi. Working on the same stuff right now. Isn't painting the cord that secures the fabric behind the seat to the framework fun. Fiddly stuff for sure. Also waiting for the rocker arm, valve springs, and manifold lock nuts from Taurus after seeing how nice they looked on your engine. Thanks for the inspiration Willi!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Yes that part took some doing and redoing .I cut tiny tape strips and took about two hours of work ,but it was well worth it !. Mr.Lukasz is a master craftsman with his resin parts .Well worth the wait .I`m hoping he will make a BMW engine so I can do a Fokker D VII F

Thanks ,

Willi

Edited by LSP_Kevin

Thanks Kevin for fixing the post above .I tried a few times but gave up when nothing I did worked .

I only got to do a few things on the pit . Everything is painted so it is waiting to be put together . I did notice that some parts had a small space and would not fit tight together . After some drilling the holes and light sanding I had a much better fit of the parts. I added the pipe to the hand pump which most likely wont be seen ,but it`s there anyway. I also added some of the lines to the throttle and spark advance lever. I use the 1/48th turnbuckles to the rigging which seemed to match the size of the ones in the photo on page 7 in the booklet . I added the belt to the bullets on the ammo box using a small strip of paper that was painted Today I will start putting together some of the pit .I still have to do the rigging for the foot peddles and control stick . I hope to have most of the pit finished by this weekend .

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

That`s all for now .Thank for all the comments .

Willi

Thanks Larsa,

Come on join the party:).

Well this is what I got done over the weekend . still have some work to do in the pit.I just put the engine in place for the photo shoot.I will still add some wiring and plumbing .It looks like most wont be seen . I decaled the Fuselage and will soon be ready add the pit . Next on the build is the radiator .

DSCN0199-1.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg