THE 'BIFF' PIECE.

krow113

Nice work. Sorry to see the flat rigging wire didn't work out...

No worries david, lots of ways to do things , I have no trouble seeing the different ways to accomplish the same end result , thats how to develop your own methods. There is a Peashooter in this RFI forum that has the p/e rigging on it, so it is useable to some degree.

• 1 month later...

Jeroen , Cees props from two of the best on here! WooHoo!

I was gonna make a point on the thread by Cees , regarding the forum workings. It is an emotional subject as we see the thread is locked! I will not be doing that .

I have 1000 pix of this build, and it is well documented here:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1331617300

Disregard the view count , a mental case has targeted me for life and keeps adjusting my counts on the site.

Please let me know if you require assistance with your Biff build. There are few 'traps' that can be avoided by studying the blog at Matts. Too late for the seat though eh ,Cees? HeeHee!

Edited by krow113

Jeroen: I try to use common materials to do my work. The prop is a focal point on any WW1 model. I try get a 'dimensional' look to thing like wood work. This is accomplished by layering colors and clears. For the Biff I used Future, color layers are applied , then sealed with 3-4 coats of Future each time a color is applied , the clear layers are followed on. There must be 20--30 layers on my prop. You can actually see through the layers to colors underneath, this is how my eye 'sees' wood. It took almost three weeks of daily paint application.

When I take my models to IPMS meetings , I put them on the table and walk away , then surreptitiously watch for interest. The Biff Piece attracted a lot of attention, one guy stared at it for quite a while ,so I went and asked him his opinion , he was mesmerised by the depth of the finished prop. I took that as , you know , maybe I'm on the right track with some of this stuff.

I have lot of fun with Future, its a great material and far from toxic, the results speak for them selves.

Matt Swann is an excellent modeller as his site shows , he has a tutorial/history of Future on the main page, very well worth a read , helped me a lot.

Thanks for the comps.

Edited by krow113

Thanks Steve, the seat was saved but only just, I am quite happy how it turned out. Your pics make great reference material. Chees Cees

No worries Cees The pitfalls in the kit are few and minor. The Swanny's blog has them all in it. Or feel free to ask.