THE 'BIFF' PIECE.

krow113

MARU , moksha , Ytiger:

Thanks and be sure to peruse the link to Swanny's.

"BIFF" was the affectionate nickname the flyers gave to this aircraft, as well as "BRISFIT".

IMG_4816.jpg

Edited by krow113

Now try to fit the cowlings, you can't. :notworking:

Tell me how I know. :frantic:

Only way is to delte the oiltank and engine bearers.

Pity that these kits are designed to show the lid open only.
:hmmm: Cees

Edited by Cees Broere

• 2 months later...
Guest Dekenba

Breathtaking finish Steve, especially considering your patience and heroics with the PE rigging. Without a doubt one of the best - if not the best - Brisfit I've seen.

I was following your build thread on Swannys and then it abruptly stopped?

Breathtaking finish Steve, especially considering your patience and heroics with the PE rigging. Without a doubt one of the best - if not the best - Brisfit I've seen.

I was following your build thread on Swannys and then it abruptly stopped?

Kind words indeed. There are a number of excellent examples of this model on this site and others. I have seen the p/e rigging work in some applications , single wing/bay types and there is some on the Brisfit as well,along with brass rods and ez-line.

As for Swannys site , great site , great guy , great people on the site. Unfortunately krow113 has a predilection towards conflict on model forums , this resulted in the repeated vandalization of my threads and the site in general. Matt and I agreed that my leaving would be best at the time, unfortunately at the end of his incredible WW 1 group build. I was told I will now be a 'target' on model forums , something I am in constant vigilance of.

Now try to fit the cowlings, you can't. :notworking:

Tell me how I know. :frantic:

Only way is to delte the oiltank and engine bearers.

Pity that these kits are designed to show the lid open only.

:hmmm: Cees

I hear you! I agonized over it, but tend to close up the panels on my WNW kits.

But this one! Wow!!!! The details, the weathering, and the display base/pilot are excellent!

Cheers,

Tim W.

williamj , Tim Thanks a bunch . Nice to see this resurrected , I appreciate the comments. I think that some of the WNW kits are better than the others , this one and the Gotha seem to be just a little nicer than some of the others in their catalog. Might just be me ,but I see subtle differences in whata comes in the box.

IMG_4803.jpg

x15- Thanks and every one else lookin' in as well...my model shop has been packed up as I transfer outta this semi-urban dead zone, relocating to a more splendiferous site.

IMG_4758.jpg