Cockpit upgrade for Matchbox/Revell 1/32 Spitfire 22/24 released...

R Palimaka

Not sure if this is old news but Mastercasters has released their resin cockpit for the 1/32 Spitfire 22/24. I was looking on the Hannants new arrivals page and saw it listed there, and then checked on the Mastercasters website too. Looks like it will be a huge improvement, as there is not much in the way of a cockpit in the original kit. I think Mastercasters was also planning a set of external upgrades to the same kit but not sure what that would include.

http://www.mastercasters.co.uk/resources/MST32045.jpg

Cheers,

Richard

I guess this may be used as a base to build a FR.47 as well.

That was my plan too, the resin upgrade should save a lot of time trying to scratchbuild a cockpit. Apart from incorporating some naval bits for the Seafire 47, the Mastercasters cockpit should be a good base. I bought two sets, so may use the other for a Spitfire 24.

Richard

I just received my copy of the Mastercasters' cockpit set. Since I don't actually have the base kit (last item on the project list) I can't really compare it to what's being replaced.

Looking at the individual parts, it looks like it uses a number of modified Tamiya parts as a starting point. The obvious ones to me are the throttle assembly and the seat mount. The joy stick may be as well but the handle has been modified.

I can post some pics if anyone is interested.

Carl

Thanks Carl. Looks pretty good! If you don't mind, is there any chance of a photo of the outside of the cockpit door? From the inside view, it looks like it's a totally different shape to the kit part, in that the kit part has a deep trench running through it to represent the canopy slide rail. This distorts the shape completely, and while the MC part looks accurate, you wouldn't be able to pose the door in the closed position without some major modifications to the surrounding fuselage (or at least the canopy slide trenches).

Kev