WnW AMC DH-2 7907 ---- 32 Sqn Sept 1916 ---- DONE!

Out2gtcha

• 3 months later...

Funny how things work. Fifty years+ of building cars, then I discovered figures 20+ years ago after walking into Valley Plaza. Then I was amazed with a french WW1 Ship model four years ago at an IPMS show. Resin ships...a costly fork in my model building adventures. I saw lots of press about the new Tamiya Corsair and thought about buying it. But my passion has always been for the PBY and Me-262. If I was going to build one plane model in my life....

Last night, I searched for best plane model kit and stumbled upon a forum where the argument centered around best model company. While everyone jumped upon the usual companies, one person mentioned Wingnut Wings? That would link me to this thread and in 15 minutes, I ordered my first plane model....ever. I have no fears after seeing your build. Thanks for the inspiration and what an incredible build and model company.

Welcome to LSP carguy! :hi:

Thanks guys for the both positive and inspiring sentiments. I totally agree about WnW. Its ironic actually.............I as a strict aircraft modeler since a child (Im turnig 41 this year) and pretty much only in 32nd, even I had not ever really built or collected any WWI aircraft..............................

Until Sir Peter Jacksons company came along. The kit box....box art........packaging.........instructions........fit.....finish......engineering........value..........I do hate to ooze over a company and I will be the FIRST to admit they are not perfect, but WnW has the best mix of everything Ive seen to date. I had never build a WWI kit prior to the DH-2.

I just loved the goofy airframe and decided to go for it. The kit fit SO well that I learned I had to mask off the mated joining surfaces prior to paint, as the tolerances are SO good things just didnt fit if you mucked them up with primer or paint or glue. I practically put the whole fuse including interior together with 0 adhesive.

Since its a WWI kit I felt no need for much AM of any kind. The box came with silver leaf on the outside, and every sprue (including instructions) in a separate bag. The instructions were about as close to perfect as one would ever expect, with an abundant mix of reference photos and clear segmented building guides.

HIGHLY recommended.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Brian, I know your busy with new builds but you might be asked questions about this for years to come! :hmmm:

As a total newbie to airplane products, is there a company that makes the correct width tape for all of the frame pre-shading? Would rather not hand cut tape if possible. Just thin Tamiya tape? I have all of the turnbuckles and a stand on their way. Going to do it right.

I think the AEG bomber shown at HLJ will be my 2nd kit.......

Haven't even got the kit in my hand and I'm looking at the next... :doh:

• 4 years later...

Thanks again all for the kind words along the way boys………….

I'm calling this one…………..DONE!

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

FIN

Build Time:

2 months

18 days

1/2 hrs

I should have some glamor shots up in RFI in the next few days/this week sometime.

Im already clearing the bench for the next episode!!

Thanks again lads, and cheers.

Brian

Just came across this amazing build Brian.........and how quickly did you get her together.......jaw dropped on the ground!!

Just beautiful.

Regards. Andy

Just came across this amazing build Brian.........and how quickly did you get her together.......jaw dropped on the ground!!

Just beautiful.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy!  Havnt seen this thread in a looooooog while.   The DH.2, even WITH all its rigging was a total blast. The rigging was actually really fun!