Vintage Fighter Series 1/24 P-40

smudger

Does anyone know of anyone/store who is still selling this kit as I want to get hold of one.

EBay is only showing the P-47 but no P-40's listed.

Thanks in advance & happy modelling

Martin

Hi Martin,

Unless you're desperate to build a 1/24 P-40, this is not a kit that you want. The number of things that are wrong far outweigh the correct ones. As a starting point for a serious re-build it may be OK, but beyond that..... :help:

Hi Martin,

I have this kit, and it is essentially a scaled-up Trumpeter 1/32 P-40. Things like a way-too-shallow interior real mar this kit, but it's the only one out there. If it was done wrong on the Trumpeter kit, it was done wrong on the VFS kit.

Let us not forget the massive 'nipple's on the drop tank, amongst other major areas of issue. Unless you're dead-set on making a 1/24 P-40, I'm telling you, don't even bother! It's that wrong. The only reason to build one in 1/24 scale is that none exist. Beyond that (and a lot of scratch-building) none exist.

Guest Nigelr32

Doesn't the P-40 have a major issue with the shape of the fuselage? Every one I've seen looks like a Banana and too short?

Edited by Nigelr32

Hello Martin,

Just noticed 3 kits on e-bay,don't know how to give you a link but I typed p 40 curtiss and paged thru U.S. sellers to International sellers and there are 3 of them for sale.one sellers address is g-gerba@orange.fr

If you do score a kit,heaven help you.

Good luck Smudger!

HappyHobby!

Cal