Me-262 A-1a Early Version

scvrobeson

Thanks a ton Mark! That's great info. The profiles or color info would be amazing, thank you. Anything to help this build out. It's surprising that they say it's 81/82, the profile in the decal sheet looks so much darker. I wonder what kind of color "Dark RLM81" would be?

Thanks for stopping in, and helping out on this build. Those scans will be a huge help to this.

Matt :party0023:

Great paintwork Matt (really gutted to hear about the tape lifting the paint though) - those soft edges look superb and I'm seriously looking forward to seeing the other colours on. I reckon the beat up feel you're looking seems just right so far.

Grant

You are more than welcome, Matt. I'm glad I can help.

RightSideI001.jpg

Right Side

LeftSide.jpg

Left Side

Top.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Bottom.

All images courtesy of my copy of:

JaPo Press. Luftwaffe Over Czech Territory-1945, Messerschmitt Me262's of KG & KG(J) Units.

All Rights Reserved. Not to be copied, folded, spindled, or mutilated for any reason. Or some such thing.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks so much Mark! Those are great pictures! But that does mean that I've got some re-painting to do. Right now, I've got it painted up in the camp, but it looks like I'll have to go back over it with some RLM 81 mottles to match that profile. Too bad. I thought I was done with the painting stages.

Thank you very much for finding and posting those profiles. Those are much clearer than the ones on the EagleCals instructions.

Here is some more progress. I went back through, and re-did all of the places where the RLM 82 had been lifted by the tape. This was again highlighted and shaded, in order to blend in with the original paint. Now I'm at a crossroads though- do I leave it as is? Or do I follow the profile Mark posted, and do the RLM 81 mottling over the top, and re-spray the RLM 83 parts with RLM 81? I'm really torn as to what to do. On the one hand, I really like how it has come out, but I do want this one to be as accurate as possible. Any thoughts or opinions guys?

Me-262A-1aEarly144.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly145.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly146.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly147.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly148.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly149.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly150.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly152.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly153.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly151.jpg

I'm going to put a coat of Future on before I do anything else, since I still need to spray the black checkers on the tail band, and I don't want to risk peeling any more paint.

Thanks everyone for reading in and enjoying this build. I hope that everyone likes how it has been going. Everyone has been a huge help with this build so far.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Triple it. Leave it as it is. Don't mess with success.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Leave it as it is, bro. Don't mess with success. Life is too short.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark. I am going to leave it as is. Going back through to fix it could only lead to mistakes and problems.

Matt, I agree with Mark, leave it.

Paul

Matt

Triple it. Leave it as it is. Don't mess with success.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks guys for the support. It's all been Futured now, so I'm waiting for that to set up before I start the decaling process. There aren't too many big decals, but lots of stencils need to go on to make the plane look right. Then it's all down to the weathering to not ruin it.

Hey Matt, What Drum Corp is represented in your avatar?

Mark H.

Hey there Mark. You're the first person to ever notice that. I spent four years with the Santa Clara Vanguard organization, so that picture is actually of me.

Hi Matt,

very nice work so far, I will follow it with a lot of interest as I'm planning to do a 262 in the near future.

Alberto

Thank you very much Alberto. I'm glad you like it. Are you planning to do the A-1 version, or one of the other ones? After doing this one, I'm tempted by doing the recon-bomber version, or a prototype, but that would have to wait until I clear my stash down a lot. Although, maybe a what-if Italian Me-262 would look cool?