Me-262 A-1a Early Version

scvrobeson

Me-262A-1aEarly141.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly136.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly139.jpg

Me-262A-1aEarly140.jpg

I hope you all like how the Bright Green came out. I really like this color, and it should look really good once the RLM 83 goes on. Then the weathering will commence, and hopefully this thing will really come alive.

Thanks to everyone for reading in. I hope you're all enjoying this build, I'm having a great time with the big Messerschmitt.

Hope to be back soon with some more progress. I might get this one across the line for a big contest in February.

Matt :party0023:

Guest Peterpools

Hi Matt

Terrific paint work .. looking just stellar. Sure sounds like you're biting at the bit to be ready for the Great War GB

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Love what you're doing. My apologies for being late responding to your inquiry concerning colors shown in the JaPo book.

Your colors are on as they relate to Rot 7, pages 142-144.

Sincerely,

Mark

Excellent! Beautiful paintwork, can't wait to see it with the other colors on as well.

Thanks Frank! I put the other color on, but sadly, the tape pulled up a lot of the Mr. Color paint again. I'm getting a bit annoyed by the fact that even waiting 48 for the Mr. Color to harden up isn't enough to keep the paint from peeling. So now I have to wait a couple of days for the Model Master paint to set up so I can go back over and re-do the Bright Green.

Matt,

Nice work on the paint and post shading so far! Your 262 should look really cool when its all done, keep up the great work.

All the best,

Paul

Thanks Paul! I'm glad you like it. I hope that it looks good once it's all said and done, but there is still a long way to go on this one. Still more paint colors to do, and then the markings and weathering.

Thanks for stopping in.

Hi Matt

Terrific paint work .. looking just stellar. Sure sounds like you're biting at the bit to be ready for the Great War GB

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter! I"m really excited about the GB. I've been wanting that D.VII for years, ever since Eduard did their 1/48 one, so now that it's out, I can't wait to start it. February 1st can't get here soon enough.

THanks for stopping in. I'm glad you like the paint work.

Love what you're doing. My apologies for being late responding to your inquiry concerning colors shown in the JaPo book.

Your colors are on as they relate to Rot 7, pages 142-144.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you very much Mark. Do you have that book? Would you mind telling me what colors it says are on there? Is it RLM 81/82, or RLM 82/83? I've got the 83 on, but it still doesn't look perfect to my eyes.

And to head off any questions, yes, the plastic was primed first, with Mr. Surfacer 1200. So that is why I can't understand why the paint peeled up with the tape. I even went through the process of de-tacking the tape by applying it to my forehead first.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

The Fokker is an awesome kit and you're going to love building it. My problem is finishing mine before the GB starts and then picking a new kit. Might just go for another Albatros but the D.V this time and Pheon Decals. Who knows, I change my mind as fast as the wind changes direction.

Peter.

Matt

The Fokker is an awesome kit and you're going to love building it. My problem is finishing mine before the GB starts and then picking a new kit. Might just go for another Albatros but the D.V this time and Pheon Decals. Who knows, I change my mind as fast as the wind changes direction.

Peter.

Thanks, I'm glad it's a nice kit. It sure looks nice in the box, and keeps calling to me from the stash. You shouldn't have any problems building a second Albatros, especially since you've figured out the problems with this first one. Hopefully I can get the Me-262 finished off before the GB starts, so I can start right into the Fokker D.VII

Camo commentary of Me 262A-1a, W.Nr.5012??, 'Red 7", 8./KG(J)6, page 141:

The style of camouflage was almost identical with 'Yellow 5' and 'White 1' which supports our interpretation that LBB in Ceske Budejovice was 'Red 7's' manufacturer.

Camo commentary of Me 262A-1a, W.Nr. 501232, 'Yellow 5', 9/KG(J)6, Page 131:

Segments of RLM 81 and 82 covered the fuselage from the fuselage spine and reached to about two thirds down the fuselage side. The colours ended in an irregular horizontal line, and the lower part of the fuselage was covered with RLM 76. This point was a violation of the directive, which prescribed the lower surfaces be left unpainted. The demarcation was complemented by small isolated mottles of RLM 81, mostly on the nose section.

The fin and rudder was provided with mottles of both top colours; its leading edge was sprayed with a single dark colour; probably RLM 81.

Top surfaces of the wings were given the correct pattern of RLM 81 and 82. The upper/lower surface demarcation line along both the wing and elevator leading edges were wavy with the lower surfaces provided with a layer of RLM 76. The same rules applied to engine nacelles, complemented with distinct mottles of RLM 81.

Matt,

There are color illustrations of both sides, top and bottom, with a few notations. I can scan and post if you'd like.

Sincerely,

Mark

OOPS! I see now you are doing Black 1, not Red 7. My apologies.

Camo commentary on Me 262A-1a, W.Nr. 11????, 'Black 1', 8./KG(J)6, page 150.

'Black 1's' final camouflage corresponds with the scale of modifications carried out. The original pattern was preserved in the central fuselage section and consisted of dark RLM 81 and 82 sprayed almost to the bottom edge of the fuselage profile. The nose was provided with a layer of light paint, presumably RLM 02 (or RLM 76), from fuselage rib 2815 to the tip. The end of the nose seems to have been painted white with a red tip. The fin and rudder were, on the other hand, painted in dark colours with an unusual division line below the tailplane.

Upper surfaces were provided with a standard pattern of RLM 81 and 82, but some metal sheets around the starboard engine were replaced with new ones (in RLM 02 colour). Whether or not the same occurred on the other side is not known.

Again, there are color illustrations of both sides, top and bottom, with a few notations. I can scan and post if you'd like.

Sincerely,

Mark