Which ref books are best for the Revell 1/32 He 111?

Derek B

I bought the kit in July, and I do not know which references would be best for me to work with? (I have nothing on this aircraft at present). I am interested in the early He 111 (B to F models) mostly, but all info is useful to me.

Many thanks

Derek

The first Kagero book has plans for the early versions http://www.sklep.kag...-111-vol-i.html

I'll dig it out and give you a bit more in depth feedback...

No doubt you're considering a conversion, so maybe search for what others have done, eg: http://acc.kitreview.com/he111conversionspreviewbg_1.htm

Edited by Kagemusha

The first Kagero book has plans for the early versions http://www.sklep.kag...-111-vol-i.html

I'll dig it out and give you a bit more in depth feedback...

No doubt you're considering a conversion, so maybe search for what others have done, eg: http://acc.kitreview...previewbg_1.htm

Thanks Andy :speak_cool: (Kagero book now officially on my 'want' list!).

Yeah, I'm looking at doing something similar to the CE conversion for the Revell 1/32 kit - I have considered this ever since the kit was first released. Of course, this may take a good while for me to do, as i have a lot of other things to do in the meantime, hence my wish to start researching references now.

Many thanks

Derek

Thanks Andy :speak_cool: (Kagero book now officially on my 'want' list!).

Yeah, I'm looking at doing something similar to the CE conversion for the Revell 1/32 kit - I have considered this ever since the kit was first released. Of course, this may take a good while for me to do, as i have a lot of other things to do in the meantime, hence my wish to start researching references now.

Many thanks

Derek

Excellent, this is one I would really like, as I can add a SCW He111 to my collection :)

Doug

Excellent, this is one I would really like, as I can add a SCW He111 to my collection :)

Doug

Thanks Doug. I like the earlier versions of the He 111 over the later 'P' variant - I guess that they just seem to have more charecter I suppose?

GermanyaircraftRPPCunkbomber2.jpg

GermanyaircraftHe-111fromtheside.jpg

he111-0.jpg

Cheers

Derek

The recently released Squadron Signal publication Heinkel He111 Walk Around has loads of pictures of just about every nook and cranny of the He111 P-2 in the Gardermoen Museum (which served as the reference for the Revell kit), and the He111 H-20 in the RAF Museum, Hendon. It's available from Sprue Bros. I'd provide a link, but for some unknown reason my computer won't cooperate.

Jerry Peterson

The recently released Squadron Signal publication Heinkel He111 Walk Around has loads of pictures of just about every nook and cranny of the He111 P-2 in the Gardermoen Museum (which served as the reference for the Revell kit), and the He111 H-20 in the RAF Museum, Hendon. It's available from Sprue Bros. I'd provide a link, but for some unknown reason my computer won't cooperate.

Jerry Peterson

Hi Jerry,

For general airframe details, that would be great - thank you. I belive that there is at least one early He 111 preserved (I think that it is an 'E' version somerwhere in a Spanish museum?), so detail pics of that would be really useful to me!

Cheers

Derek

Derek - the Aero Detail book is good. If you're after the two Kagero books I can probably get them from my contact in Poland

re: the conversion you are planning - I think this is an excellent idea & would no doubt be a best seller - I've seen the 1/48 Cutting Edge set go for £700 recently (yes really) so there would no doubt be a market for it

Andy, Kevin, Maarten and Rich,

Thank you gents, all very good and useful info (looks like I shall be buying lots of books over the next year or so). I bought the kit specifically for this conversion, which I have long wanted to do as I have not seen one in this scale - it opens the possibility for so many other modifications (as in fact, the whole kit does anyway). As GMF have done the Buchon, anyone for a CASA 2.III conversion as well?

Derek