HAF Viper, Tamiya kit

LSP_K2

nice work my friend

although as the seat is for a F-16C Block 50 the parachute area and the sides of the head rest should be painted black. Also the seat back and bottm cushion have the sheep skin (although a bit difficult to simulated now) and they are black

A lot of people will see but a few will notice that ;)

nice work my friend

although as the seat is for a F-16C Block 50 the parachute area and the sides of the head rest should be painted black. Also the seat back and bottm cushion have the sheep skin (although a bit difficult to simulated now) and they are black

A lot of people will see but a few will notice that ;)

Yep, back in post #41, I had noticed that there were differences, just didn't know what was which. I may repaint those areas, but I'm not 100% sure, as most anyone I know that will see this model once finished, would never, ever, know the difference, but thanks a bunch for the clarification just the same.

• 2 months later...

Nice K2. But a shinny pit ? I hope you tone it down a bit, mate. Good details............Harv :popcorn:

Well Harv, since I still have detail painting to do, there's no reason to dull coat it yet. Once details are painted, I'll gloss coat (again), then add wash (again), and then dull coat. (I really should pay more attention.)

Well Harv, since I still have detail painting to do, there's no reason to dull coat it yet. Once details are painted, I'll gloss coat (again), then add wash (again), and then dull coat. (I really should pay more attention.)

We should all pay attention LOL. I have noticed stuff on the F-18 that I am doing that I should not have done and caught myself (and thankfully stoped) getting too far ahead of the game.

I'm not a huge jet fan, but I do like the looks of the F-16. I'll be following this build closely. What I really don't understand is why can't the aftermarket guys make their cockpits and wheel wells etc to fit the kits better. These are not cheap sets, and I would think that these would be more a drop fit, especially the cockpits. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Brad

I'm not a huge jet fan, but I do like the looks of the F-16. I'll be following this build closely. What I really don't understand is why can't the aftermarket guys make their cockpits and wheel wells etc to fit the kits better. These are not cheap sets, and I would think that these would be more a drop fit, especially the cockpits. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Brad

Thanks Brad. Actually, the pit seems to be a pretty good fit, I just messed up and ground out a bit too much material around pit opening at rear.

• 2 months later...

More details painted (faked), in cockpit rear area. (As my Mig approaches the finishing stage, I'm very anxious to resume work in earnest on this Viper, a project I've wanted to do for quite a few years now.)

DSCN3727_zps97caf137.jpg