HAF Viper, Tamiya kit

LSP_K2

OK folks, impatience has gotten the better of me (once again), so I decided it's time to start the WIP thread on this baby. Viper will be done as a Hellenic Air Force machine, using the gorgeous Zotz decals I bought quite some time back.

010312.jpg

Unless my memory is worse than what I already think it is, here's the list of AM stuff for this baby: Zotz decals, Avionix pit, Master pitot and data sensors, Aires burner can, Wheeliant wheels & PWWP parabrake housing. I've also already purchased two bottles each of all the major colors I'll need for the camo. I may or may not grab the Aires wheel wells (I'm generally not too impressed with wheel wells), and/or the Master 20mm "gat" barrels.

I'll rely on the information gleaned earlier from the thread below, as well as any that may be offered up during construction.

http://forum.largesc...showtopic=39945

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Looking forward to the build. I followed the links and found out why you decided to go with the BB front office rather then the Aires pit :hmmm: . Agreed you made the right choice.

Will be following with great interest.

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

I just committed myself to the Aires wheel wells, why not? $38, including shipping, not too bad really.

Be careful with those! While the detail is fantastic ( it really is) I have read that getting them perfectly aligned is critical. If they are not installed absolutely straight, the model will show one wing lower than the other when viewed head on.

I am REALLY looking forward to this one Kevin, I love those big Vipers! :popcorn: