Trumpy Swordfish

chacer

Today i managed to spray in the gun cowling, fit the gun, cockpit, instrument panel & fuel tank & join the fuselage together. The bottom joint fitted where it touched (the very ends) & needed a bit of coaxing together & a drop of CA to fill the gap. The top was not so bad & only needed a little filler.

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

Back to work soon so things will slow down a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update;

I've not been able to do a lot lately due to work, but managed to sort the fuselage seams after numerous layers of CA, filler & mr surfacer. i have also completely removed all the donuts & replaced them with photo etch from the Eduard hinges & fixings set. In fact I had to buy a second set to get enough of the small round fasteners to completely re do the fuselage. The square & triangular fixings in this set look too bulky to my eyes so didn't use many of them.

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

I also have painted the exhaust collector ring using Mr colour metalic paints. A coat of copper followed with a mist coat of dark iron & buffed up with a soft cloth.

IMAG0337.jpg

I am really impressed how this paint lays down & I found it quite hard to do a thin misty coat without getting full coverage from the dark iron.

I have also pre-painted the lower center wing assembly as when the struts are in place, it is hard to mask it all up for the matt black walk areas.

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

All for now..........

Looking great,

I noticed you have omitted the diagonal stay behind the pilot's seat. I racked my brain where the top fits.

The instructions are terribly vague regarding this part. So far I am thinking that it is to be fitted at the

back of the seat lifting lever next to the pilot's seat. But then again....not.?????

Does anyone have a clue?

Cees

Thanks Rob,

I had the same idea, I will have to make up my mind about that soon. Will post some pics in a seperate thread too.I am still working

on fitting the many parts and the interior pe-set. Top wing is fully assembled and will be sprayed soon.

Keep up the good work, your Swordfish looks great.

Cees

Edited by Cees Broere