Revell 1/144 BAe 146-200

LSP_Kevin

I C U got your JH stand in good order as well. :) Thing is REALLY super duper handy and adaptable eh?

It is indeed, but I have to express some minor disappointments with it. Not so much with its utility, which is self-evident, but with the assembly process mainly. The instructions were just adequate, and having to punch out all the parts yourself was a bit of a pain. I ended up damaging or breaking several, resulting in some (what shouldn't have been) necessary repair work. Clumsy ol' me also had some minor trouble aligning some of the pieces that made up the compound components, and I went through an entire tube of cheap CA before moving on to PVA glue. Why the instructions stipulate CA is beyond me, but I fell for it initially.

The only other slight disappointment was the realisation that the uprights can't really be slid around at will, and that they really need to be tightened with a screw driver, and then loosened off again when you need to reposition them. I had somehow imagined that they could just slide into position at will. I don't know about yours Brian, but mine are too wobbly unless they're screwed down firmly to the point of not being able to slide.

Anyway, they're all minor things really, and I know it will prove invaluable over time, but having to set aside 2 evenings for some frustrating assembly took the gloss off a bit. I'm keen to see how it handles that A380 though!

Kev

It is indeed, but I have to express some minor disappointments with it. Not so much with its utility, which is self-evident, but with the assembly process mainly. The instructions were just adequate, and having to punch out all the parts yourself was a bit of a pain. I ended up damaging or breaking several, resulting in some (what shouldn't have been) necessary repair work. Clumsy ol' me also had some minor trouble aligning some of the pieces that made up the compound components, and I went through an entire tube of cheap CA before moving on to PVA glue. Why the instructions stipulate CA is beyond me, but I fell for it initially.

I used thin CA which on the sandwich style "plywood" they make the risers out of, worked to perfection for me. The thin CA wicked in between the layers quite well and made a nice hardened support structure. A little spray of kicker and had everything in hand in a matter of a sec or 2. However I too made a fatal error with it on initial assembly; I had the base set directly on my self-healing matt to glue it and ended up actually gluing it to the green board. I saved it but also damaged mine in the process a little bit.

The only other slight disappointment was the realisation that the uprights can't really be slid around at will, and that they really need to be tightened with a screw driver, and then loosened off again when you need to reposition them. I had somehow imagined that they could just slide into position at will. I don't know about yours Brian, but mine are too wobbly unless they're screwed down firmly to the point of not being able to slide.

I actually liked that feature, as for me it only took a couple of seconds to adjust it (as I only really needed to adjust it when switching models or stages of a model IE adding wings or fuse) when I needed to. I did like the stable feeling of the uprights when secured, as if any other way I dont think they would have supported the wieght of my big ol SU.

Anyway, they're all minor things really, and I know it will prove invaluable over time, but having to set aside 2 evenings for some frustrating assembly took the gloss off a bit. I'm keen to see how it handles that A380 though!

IMHO, I think you will definitely come to appreciate it. Its easier than you may think to adjust, you just need to have a #2 phillips handy. I mainly think they did it that way for overall stability

Kev

Lovely little 146 Kev!

Saw many of these during a posting I had at Heathrow.

Used to get the Queen's flight one's knocking around quite a lot.

Also Manx Airlines used to fly scheduled to the Isle of Man and thats a nice scheme.

Really crisp build in such a small scale.

Phil :thumbsup: :speak_cool: