P-39 brass gun barrels

GVINCENT

I just ordered some barrels for my P-39 from a company in Poland who sells barrels made by RB Model. They were considerably less expensive than the Master Model barrels, hopefully they will look as good as the photos when they arrive!

Ebay link to 1/32 RB Models Brownings

RB Model

I've heard they're quite nice.

Thanks for the reassurance Kevin!

I was set to order the Master Models versions, but for four sets (two to a set, four guns total per plane) it would have cost close to $80 to get those. I ordered four sets of RB Models guns (for the two P-39's I own) from Poland for $28.50 shipped to the US. :speak_cool:

Did the P-400's have the smooth jackets over the guns as well? In this photo, it looks like there are none. Possibly they were removed, for cleaning or some other reason? Now I am very curious about this.

P-400,+67th+FG+1.jpg

Edited by Daywalker

Did the P-400's have the smooth jackets over the guns as well? In this photo, it looks like there are none. Possibly they were removed, for cleaning or some other reason? Now I am very curious about this.

The P-400 had unsheathed .303 brownings http://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/p-400/BW174/p400-74-150498.html

Edited by Kagemusha