Tamiya and Hasegawa Zero in 1/32

P-51D Man

Ok,

I will keep this short and simple. I would like to have the Tamyia zero. But the cost is an issue for me. So I can settle for the Haseagawa Zero in 1/32. What are the pro's and con's of the Hasegawa compared to the Tamyia?

Thanks

Ed

Ed,

You kept your post short and simple, so I'll try to do the same ...

Pros of the Hasegawa A6M5: It's quite a bit cheaper -- e.g., US$49.99 vs. US$112.99 at Sprue Brothers.

Cons of the Hasegawa A6M5: Everything else.

Hasegawa's offering isn't bad at all for a kit that's been around for approximately 40 years, but it can't compete with Tamiya's on any basis other than price.

Charles Metz

Thanks everyone. I think I will hold out for the Taymia kit. More money, but quality does count alot.

Ed

Good plan. I have the A6M2 ready and waiting for my MDC Rufe conversion. Almost a shame to hack the kit up, as it really is a VERY nice kit. Great stuff, and well worth the cash

Brian

I think everyone has covered all of the relevant points, and you mention "Quality."

If I could be more specific, the Tamiya kit is better engineered, (fits together better) has significantly more detail, more working control surfaces, (Hasegawa Zero has droppable flaps I believe), canopy masks, multimedia parts, complete cockpit and engine where the Hasegawa kit leaves a lot to be desired, thinner and clearer transparancies, and is more accurate to the real aircraft. Plus the Tamiya has recessed panel lines and more accurate surface details than the Hasegawa kit, which has raised lines and less realistic relief.

If the Tamiya Zero is a 10, the Hasegawa would be a 5.

Hope this helps...

Scott