TigerModels Pfalz D.IIIa Exhaust

Sharkmouth

Pfalz D.IIIa exhaust, from TigerModels, it replaces part A60 of the Wingnut Wings kit:

Stuff_001.JPG

Stuff_002.JPG

Stuff_003~0.JPG

Stuff_005.JPG

Look at how translucent it is...

Stuff_006.JPG

See how far it is hollowed?

Note that this is a pre-production sample.

Regards,

Hi folks:)

If you look closely at the image where it's held up to the light you can see how far it's hollowed. I chose a distance deep enough that you can't see the solid part when you look through the open end. Also not shown is the manufacturers' emblem spot welded to the front face. Anyone have any idea what the holes are fore and aft of the maifold? I'm guessing they're open to allow air to flow into the manifold for emissions (LOL)!

Enjoy! Thanks to Jeff and Joe, I know this one wasn't easy to cast and still have a mold that will last more than 25 pulls.

What's wrong with the kit piece?

Nothing. However, assuming this piece is as lovely as the one for the Albatross, the deep hollow and subtle welding really add to the appearance. I tried drilling out the Albtaros one and while it came out OK, it was a real pain in the behind and frankly didn't look as good as the resin one.

Matt

Nothing. However, assuming this piece is as lovely as the one for the Albatross, the deep hollow and subtle welding really add to the appearance. I tried drilling out the Albtaros one and while it came out OK, it was a real pain in the behind and frankly didn't look as good as the resin one.

Matt

Looks like I may have to grab one then also, the engine being such a focal point. I've got the WNW Pfalz buried down in the dungeon and was too lazy to go dig it out and look. Thanks for the info.

Looks like I may have to grab one then also, the engine being such a focal point. I've got the WNW Pfalz buried down in the dungeon and was too lazy to go dig it out and look. Thanks for the info.

Wingnuts did put together an outstanding kit but I agree, that area is such a focal point I think it's a piece of aftermarket that will really pay off.

Matt

Also not shown is the manufacturers' emblem spot welded to the front face. Anyone have any idea what the holes are fore and aft of the maifold?

PfalzD_IIIaExhaust_6.JPG

PfalzD_IIIaExhaust_7.JPG

Scott,

are you referring to the circular item I ALMOST scraped off?

Regards,

That's it:)! The PART PE set for the Pfalz came with it. You can see it on an existing manifold on the Pfalz D.XII. It's a small circular mfgr. plate that was spot welded in that position. It may show up nicer with some dry brushing.

Hey, you got one before me (LOL)!

Thanks for the pics buddy.

Best regards.

Scott