Trumpeter 1/32 RNZAF A-4K "Kahu Upgrade"

Hey Anthony. The work you're doing here is nothing short of amazing. Really enjoying every update.

If you're interested, landing gear for the Skyhawk should be coming out soon, either at Nationals, or shortly after. Hope they can help out your outstanding build

Matt

Thanks Mark, much appreciated.

Matt, thanks. Yes I will definately be putting some new landing gear on the Skyhawk. Thanks for the heads up that it is still coming from G-Factor, that will be a MUST!

Cheers guys

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Anthony. The work you're doing here is nothing short of amazing. Really enjoying every update.

If you're interested, landing gear for the Skyhawk should be coming out soon, either at Nationals, or shortly after. Hope they can help out your outstanding build

Matt

Matt, any word yet ??

Anthony, just amazing work. Love watching.......Harv

Hi Anthony,

amazing work. I've just got one of these and I'm not much of a scratch builder, so I'm looking for an instrument panel and HUD I can drop in..any suggestions? I emailed Harold and he said you might be working on something reproducable..is that right?

Whose decals have you got..is it Oldmodels?

Can't wait for your next update!

Hi there and welcome to LSP!

Thanks for the nice comments. I have a pile of things put together for Harold but am waiting to see the single seater to arrive at Wigram so I can finalize some measurements.

I am possibly looking at a few masters but I don't think I can compare with Harold's workmanship.

Watch this space...so to speak.

Oh and the decals to get are the Ronin ones available through Southern Sky Models in Australia

I have the nose wheel well sprayed white now with the radar altimeter box and fuse panel cover painted. I am having some stencils and "zaps" made in decal form to go in there to add that final touch. Thanks to my good friend Pete Mossong

Cheers

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony, I have been going through all the detail websites..kiwiaircraftimages and hobby vista etc. I have had no sucess finding any pics of the front of the cockpit coaming (ahead of the HUD)..I'm thinking that it runs about half length of the windscreen area then stops and there is nothing forward but a "tangle" of cables and wires disappearing forward and down. I have 3 A-4Ks at close by..one at Motat..(6) and one at Tauranga and one at Warbirds at Ardmore but as far as I've seen they're roped off without ladders for a close inspection. Have you got a better pic from yours at Wigram.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt

I have some great photos of that area, PM me your email address and I will get some pics emailed to you tonight.

May possibly have a set of those decals for you in the Lizard scheme.......will ask the guy if he will sell them as he mentioned he is not doing a Skyhawk now.

Cheers

Anthony

This is looking fantastic - love it! Concerning the landing gear - how do the metal legs that come with the Aires wheel well set check out for accuracy and detail?

Hey Petrov,

The Aires metal gear is made of white metal, and is a clean-up version of the kit landing gear, with a separate front fork from the wheel, I believe. It's great that they were able to separate the front wheel from the fork, the way Trumpeter molded it is pretty lame for a modern kit

Matt