1:32 SH Nieuport 11

LSP_K2

Speaking of Bobs Buckles... :rolleyes:

You should really give them a try for your rigging.

Much easier than I expected and they would really do your model justice!

Cheers,

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen, but the SH kit has a PE sheet with enough turnbuckles to do the job quite nicely. I am aware of Bob the buckle meister though.

PESheet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at this for the first time...WOW ! very nice work ! I love the subtle shading and the wood grain paint. I'm learning a lot from this build, which I'll need as I have several WW I kits in the stash. Great work ! :speak_cool:

Cheers

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn. Now this is scary. I decided to try something new (new to me anyway). Rather than go through spraying the wing bottom three times to get the effect I was after, I decided to darken up the area of the ribs first with pastels instead.

Pasteled1.jpg

Edited by Typhoonattack1

OOPS! I didn't notice until several days had passed, that front side of prop had large smears of oil paint that had dried like Jello! So I have stripped prop, repainted acrylic base coat, then painted (one half of prop, both sides), with oil wood base. Once this is dry, I'll paint other half, gloss coat, then paint laminations. This is again, the back side of prop. Isn't this fun?

PropB2.jpg