Which UH-1 Huey is better Revell or MRC

oyoy5

I am going to build a Vietnam era Gunship and I was wondering which of the two kits is better and more accurate. I know Revell's is 1/32 and the MRC is 1/35. Please let me know since I purchased the Revell Gunship in the original box from 1970.

I don't have the MRC kit so I can't speak to it. I am quite pleased with the Revell offering.

You may wish to look up the Cobra Company link from the LSP homepage. They sell a number of aftermarket goodies for the Huey. Among them is the gunship set.

Now, if only we had some good Vietnam era decals to put on these things!

Mark Proulx

Hi!

With regard to Hueys, you've the following choices:

1/35:

- UH-1B & C from Seminar

- UH-1C from MRC/Italeri/Academy (weapons variations according to the boxes)

- UH-1D from Panda

- UH-1N from Panda (USAF version has an additional weapons sprue)

1/32:

-UH-1D/H from Revell

If I look at my kits, I would say that the best ones are the MRC ones, without any doubt. I think they will give the est look & feel OOTB. Other ones are more "toy-like".

Considering its age, the Revell one is not bad but far less detailed. Moreover, unless if you've an old box, most recent issues are more difficult to build because of the molds age...

Nevertheless, in practice, it depends on which helo you want to depict: early Nam bird, late Nam bird, post-Nam bird, US or other, etc.!

HTH

The MRC kit is a nice build. I've built one and have another one in the stash I'm hoping to get to one of these days.

From what I've gathered from the rotorheads on the various forums it's the best as far as accuracy. I have the Revell D model but have yet to build it, others here seem to like it.

From what I hear the Panda offering has some accuracy issues and the Cobra Company has a correction set available for it.