Alley Cat 1/32 Spitfire IX/XVI conversion

Kagemusha

No idea on the IX or XVI - the four cannon aircraft I'm doing is a VIII. Sorry for the confusion - didn't feel the need to specify - oops :bow:

Edgar, there were at least two - A58-484 CR-C, Clive Caldwell's Mk VIII was so fitted for a brief period and a 54 Squadron aircraft, which also sported the extended wingtip. I have photos of CR-C somewhere & built the ICM kit in that configuration & markings. The only pic of the 54 Sqn machine I'm aware of is a head on shot which shows the configuration but no markings :D

Thanks,

Greg

No idea on the IX or XVI - the four cannon aircraft I'm doing is a VIII. Sorry for the confusion - didn't feel the need to specify - oops :bow:

Thanks,

Greg

the barrels you want will be from MasterModel

http://www.master-model.pl/index.php?optio...2&Itemid=56

got any pics of the bird you are planning?

i am interested!

the barrels you want will be from MasterModel

http://www.master-model.pl/index.php?optio...2&Itemid=56

got any pics of the bird you are planning?

Thanks - the master barrels for the outboard cannon are intended for the PCM kit which fit directly to holes in the wing leading edge. The reason I like the Alley Cat ones is they're a drop in fit.

WRT pics, see my edited post above :bow:

Thanks - the master barrels for the outboard cannon are intended for the PCM kit which fit directly to holes in the wing leading edge. The reason I like the Alley Cat ones is they're a drop in fit.

WRT pics, see my edited post above :bow:

as i understand it, these 2 Master sets are not just for PCM...they are correct barrels for the plane, rather than the kit, no?

http://www.master-model.pl/index.php?page=...=56&lang=en

and

http://www.master-model.pl/index.php?page=...=56&lang=en

if you do dig out the pic of CC's Spit, please do post it!

Nick

Hi all,

The postman has just delivered my Alley Cat "low-back" and "e wing" sets, the "low-back" fuselage is an outstanding piece of resin casting, only a few pinholes and casting block imperfections on the lower aft fuselage (near the tailwheel panel) and the resin canopy is quite clear. The fuse surface details are identical in quality to the original kit, including the top "decking".

I presume that Tamiya will eventually release a low-back Spit but for those that can't wait this is as good as a resin set can be.

Sunday I received an e-mail that the "e wing" set had bulges at the 0.303 panels and this was only correct for the aircraft converted from c to e wing armament, so A2Zee will send replacement panels, thank you and welldone!

Rui Silva

Thanks for the posts and comments guys, especially to Rui, I do hope the rest of you will be happy with your purchases, when they arrive.

To (GMK) Greg if you need a few extra bits just email me direct and I can sort someting out, best email a2zeemodels@aol.com

To (MHorina) Mike we have not included any extra parts in the cockpit area, sorry about that, have you some details on what was changed in the cockpit, I am cuious. send the info to my email if you have it, a2zeemodels@aol.com

cheers Ali

Well done to Alley Cat!!!

I have been away on business and arrived home last night. My wife handed me the parcel with the new Spitfire XVI "low back" conversion in it and all I could say was WOW.

It is absolutely stunning in every aspect. In fact I was a little sceptical it could be up to the very high standatds Tamiya set with the kit. But this quickly dispelled those thoughts. Quite unbelieveable actually! In fact it is exactly the same quality.

Thank you so very much for producing this masterpiece, now to do some 485 sqn decals??

Cheers and thanks I will definately be showing the guys around here!

Anthony