MIG 29A

blackbetty

i was ready to load the airbrush when it dawned to me that it would be better to do the nosegear well first, so i could paint it too

again i used the 4+ drawings to get an idea of the shape. as mentioned before the eduard etch is wrong in shape, their well being too long. the parts themselves are nice, so i modified them

284.jpg

view from the inside. i can now set down the fuselage upside down without crushing the well

some drying time is in order, then i will drill the holes in the sides for the gauges and the films that represent them

stay tuned

287.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

archers rivets arrived. they are surisingly easy to work with if you take your time and use a very fine brush to position them

i was now able to detail the upper side of the enginetrunks in the wheelwells

289.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

i think i decided on another paint sheme

i do have the iraqi decals, but they are a little too boring. i can use these on other planes, maybe on a mig 23

so i ordered a book from india about the 47th squadron, the archerrs and found this drawing on wings palette.

whaddaya think?

72_3.jpg

i do have the iraqi decals, but they are a little too boring. i can use these on other planes, maybe on a mig 23

so i ordered a book from india about the 47th squadron, the archerrs and found this drawing on wings palette.

whaddaya think?

72_3.jpg

Pretty sweet Karl!

Is the body natural metal? (he said as he thought about how cool it would look in foil)

Brian

thanx harv and brian for the encouragement

no this is not natural metal, its the standard grey/greygreen cammo most fulcrums have. foiling is way out of my abilities.

Ah, got confused by the reflective qualities of the artwork. :D

Looks good either way Karl!

Brian

whaddaya think?

72_3.jpg

You HAVE to fill your boots with that colour scheme, it is outstanding and will compliment your detail work superbly