MIG 29A

blackbetty

getting everything apart again is a real problem without destroying the jig

when the hardpoints are fixed i hope this will be easier

to get an attachment point for the upper tubing i will build a spar that doubles as gearwell roof. that sound easier that is is, all the deatial has to be included before closing the well up

250.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

tubing on top will support the angled part. i have stuck some sprue scraps in from the top to get even spacing. this will come out when glued, because for removing the leg i have to slide it upwards until it can be tilted and pulled out. i have to remember to check the fit of the upper fuselage half to be able to close everything later

thanx for looking

251.jpg

My goodness Karl, this is mind boggling :wacko:

I'm absolutely astounded by the amount of work that you're putting into this bad boy.

What a remarkable build :o

I'm following every step of the action even though I can't ever see me doing a fraction of these modifications when I get to my Fulcrum.

This will be one of the best, most accurate looking MiG-29 models that I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Keep up the stellar work my friend, this is awesome :bow:

Loic and Guy, this means a lot to me coming from people whos builds have been an inspiration for me for a long time (not that my abilities compare to yours)

i spent a little time to find out what detail i could add to the gearlegs

252.jpg

sorry for the bad pic

i tried to make some use of the eduard scissor link. it is not very accurate, but most likely better than what i can come up with. it has holes in it that i couldnt find on pics, so i sandwiched some thin paper between the inner and outer part to close these

again, macro is not my friend :unsure: even with the glasses i have to use now for modeling, i cant see all the imperfections :shrug: . getting old sucks

254.jpg

here now is the upper spar to hold the gear in place. i decided against a roof section for now to help in positioning of it and be able to add detail later.

the tubing will be shortened to get the upper fuselage to fit

and.... the rear part of the wheelwell is WRONG :BANGHEAD2: , it is too far outboard, the actuator could never retract the leg like that. i hope i will be able to correct that later. it good that the gearlegs can still be removed.

edit: after checking some pics the bay is nearly at the right angle after all :rolleyes: the actuator moves outward when it extends and so retracts the gear forward. because of the hinge the leg describes an arc outward, so its seems to be ok :P

255.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

i removed the gearlegs next, very carfully, not easy to get out.

then i decided to drill into the main engine tunnel to be able to start the gear on the lower side and slide it upward for the finel mounting. i rmoved the lower bosses also to help with this. since it doesnt have to be movable i will glue evrything in place in the end

259.jpg