MIG 29A

blackbetty

No doubt on the NO criticism part!!!!

Man Karl, Like Phil said, you should get the medal of honor for all the choppin and hacking on this thing!! Russ would be VERY proud.

PFFFFFF! ........and I thought I had to make some massive corrections on Dixie Boy! This thing is gonna be cool.....

Great job Karl, your gonna get a ton of useful experience out of this one, not to mention a hella cool model!

Brian

joining heavily modified parts like these always is hard for me, you need to have four hands to get everything to align properly

so i choose to not glue on the outside just yet, i want the glue on the inside to thoroughly dry first, at least a day

post-2020-1283500916.jpg

thick CA was used to reinforce the joint (bonded with normal superglue first), another reinforcement strip was used too

i refrained from glueing the other tunnel too, because the wheelwell had not hardened. this is one of my biggest mistakes: no patience to wait

but here i could hold myself back, whats another day drying time if it fits perfectly

thanx for looking

post-2020-1283501185.jpg

thanx hakan and dave

after a couple of days relaxing and catching a glimpse of summer on the island, i´m back and spent a little more time on the mig

the fuselage had dried thoroughly and i worken on the airbrake and the rear top to bottom fuselage joint next

the beavertail of the 29 consists of two parts folding up and down and a radome in the middle that stays put on a pole

i reshaped the upper part as per zactomans instructions and thinned the trailing edge

i removed the bulky kit actuators also

post-2020-1284469982.jpg