RAF ground equipment...

R Palimaka

Hi Richard,

This is something I asked about some time ago. I would really like to make an acc trolley (in both 1/32 and 1/24 scales). However, as someone else was already producing one (it could be Signifier?), I backed out of doing it.

Derek

...but Jennings wouldn't a fuel bowser look pretty darn cool? That would really add something different to any diorama...

A small one would Dave, but I wouldn't want to go with anything larger than a Matador though! ;)

Derek

Hi Richard,

This is something I asked about some time ago. I would really like to make an acc trolley (in both 1/32 and 1/24 scales). However, as someone else was already producing one (it could be Signifier?), I backed out of doing it.

Derek

Hi Derek,

I do remember that thread now and it's too bad that you were not able to proceed with that. There has been nothing from Signifer on that front.

I think one of the 4X4 bowsers for fighters would be nice and not too large. Some ground crew figures and some late war pilots with the short battledress would be wonderful too.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Derek,

I do remember that thread now and it's too bad that you were not able to proceed with that. There has been nothing from Signifer on that front.

I think one of the 4X4 bowsers for fighters would be nice and not too large. Some ground crew figures and some late war pilots with the short battledress would be wonderful too.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard, should I add them (the acc trolley and fuel bowser) to my list of 'things to do' then?

Derek

Richard, should I add them (the acc trolley and fuel bowser) to my list of 'things to do' then?

Derek

From what I remember your "things to do " list is already intimidating, especially considering the amount of work and care you put into them!

But I do think whoever gets to market first with a 1/32 trolley acc. would do very well. I know I would buy at least three. I don't know if it's possible to find out how far Signifer has progressed with theirs...if they are still considering it at all. As for the fuel bowser, I think that would be an expensive item. I've seen the Accurate Armour 1/48 4x4 bowser with the refueling booms, and it is exquisite. It would have to be even more exquisite (and expensive) in 1/32. That being said I would probably buy one.

It's a business/workload decision for you Derek. What does everyone else think?

Richard

From what I remember your "things to do " list is already intimidating, especially considering the amount of work and care you put into them!

But I do think whoever gets to market first with a 1/32 trolley acc. would do very well. I know I would buy at least three. I don't know if it's possible to find out how far Signifer has progressed with theirs...if they are still considering it at all. As for the fuel bowser, I think that would be an expensive item. I've seen the Accurate Armour 1/48 4x4 bowser with the refueling booms, and it is exquisite. It would have to be even more exquisite (and expensive) in 1/32. That being said I would probably buy one.

It's a business/workload decision for you Derek. What does everyone else think?

Richard

You are, of course, quite correct Richard. Although I do have quite an extensive list of 'things to do', there are some which will very clearly get done first, and others that will be dictated by 'market forces' as it were, this being one of them - I also await what others may think?

Derek

Have a look here Accurate armour do K2 ambulances, Canteen trucks ets , BUT they're not cheap ...

Thanks for that Scotsman. Apart from the scale (1/35), you maybe right about the price...however, when you weigh up the accuracy and detail of the kit, then the price seems reasonable for what you actually get (Accurate Armour have an extremely respectable reputation). If I do anything like this (I have already mastered the Luftwaffe bomb trolley for MDC), then I shall probably have to keep the items fairly small, but we shall see.

Derek

Masterbox are in progress with a 32nd scale set of RAF flight and ground personell

Ads

Ah! That's great!

Does anyone make Luftwaffe "Schwarzmänner", by the way? Would be nice to pose one of my Emils as having it's guns boresighted.

Cheers,

Erik.